Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They're pretty bad but I guess it doesn't change the fact that this, Nehru Cup, or whatever are just simple glorified friendly matches.
    thebeautifulgameAshkaul5souravindia
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3497 Points
    Although I prefer FIFA dates friendly, these are also good for utilizing the time all at once because we don't have a proper football calendar yet. And of course, the so called 'roadmap' is in development.
    Ashkaul5
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Seeing a lot of criticism because of the Champions Cup occurring during the AFC Cup matches for Bengaluru FC. I don't see the problem here if everyone involved remains smart. These are friendlies essentially. We shouldn't need Sunil Chhetri in this tournament and instead bring in a sort of hybrid A/B team for this tournament.

Looking at BFC's current squad, I can only see Chhetri, Udanta, Nishu Kumar, and maybe Bose as guys to be called up for India. The other guys are not really regulars for India, if at all.

I am interested in seeing guys like Jeje Lalpekhlua perform.
    Deb_Banashindiashubham_northeasternmunna219777DXBrainFallINDIAmohammed_87hassansanvedjadhav
  • ashindiaashindia 9322 Points
    Jeje has definitely stepped up but not to the level of Sunil/Baichung/Vijayan but not worse than host of other strikers who have played for us in last 8-10 years.
    karenesudhakar2050munna219777DXmohammed_87hassansanvedjadhavarunskumar148
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Why not have an experimental team play here or even the u-23 team minus BFC core players.

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4f/Bray_Wanderers_F.C._crest.png logo of Irish club Bray Wanderers they have copied logo of a Indian club.
    Ashkaul5ashindiamunna219777Carbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30147 Points
    https://thefield.scroll.in/845304/dsk-shivajians-veterans-yet-to-get-paid-3-months-after-i-league-season-has-ended

The I-League season concluded in April but the players of the Pune-based side DSK Shivajians are yet to get their salaries. There are also doubts over the side’s participation in the next season due to their owners’ ongoing financial crisis.

The club owes over 10 players dues for about two to three months. The list includes some of the top names in the Shivajians’ roster such as goalkeeper Subrata Paul, Gourmangi Singh, Nirmal Chhetri, Holicharan Narzary, Sumeet Passi, Soram Poirei, playmaker Jerry Lalrinzuala, Milan Singh and Seityasen Singh, reported The New Indian Express.

Most of the aforementioned players have already moved on to other clubs after the Indian Super League draft held last week.

Some of the players have written to the All India Football Federation about not receiving their wages on time. The AIFF is expected to take up the issue with General Secretary Kushal Das saying he will hold with Shivajians owner Shirish Kulkarni, according to a report in Goal.com.

munna219777Ashkaul5indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Corporate Entry. Next year we might see a new direct entry team from Pune. 
    goalkeeparashindiaAshkaul5Carbon_14karenesudhakar2050
  • The Indian Senior National Team will be camping in Chennai prior to the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 qualifiers fixture against Macau which is scheduled on September 5, 2017.

After back-to-back wins against Myanmar and the Kyrgyz Republic in the first two fixtures, India will fly to Macau for their third match in the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019 Qualifiers.  

The boys would be assembling in Chennai on August 11, 2017.

Meanwhile, it'll be the first Senior National Team Camp for Sarthak Golui, Davinder Singh, Nikhil Poojary, Anirudh Thapa and Manvir Singh who showed their grit in the recently-concluded AFC U23 Championship Qualifiers in Doha.  

Out of the 34 players who are called upon by Constantine for the forthcoming camp, there'll be 10 players who donned the National colour in the recently-AFC U23 Championship Qualifiers in Doha.

The list of probables stays as follows:

GOALKEEPERS: Subrata Paul, Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Albino Gomes, Vishal Kaith, TP Rehenesh

DEFENDERS: Pritam Kotal, Sandesh Jhingan, Arnab Mondal, Anas Edathodika, Narayan Das, Jerry Lalrinzuala, Lalruatthara, Salam Ranjan Singh, Sarthak Golui, Davinder Singh

MIDFIELDERS: Dhanapal Ganesh, Jackichand Singh, Seityasen Singh, Nikhil Poojary, Bikash Jairu, Milan Singh, Udanta Singh, Eugeneson Lyngdoh, Md. Rafique, Rowllin Borges, Halicharan Narzary, Germanpreet Singh, Anirudh Thapa

FORWARDS: Jeje Lalpekhlua, Sumeet Passi, Sunil Chhetri, Robin Singh, Balwant Singh, Manvir Singh