Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/kicking-above-their-weight/article23776958.ece

Kicking above their weight

Mizoram, with a population of a little over a million, boasts of half a dozen players called up to the Indian national team. Srinivasan Ramani reports on the unique communitarian approach to the game that has transformed the State into India’s football powerhouse
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited May 2018
    Great Article by The Hindu. This pic made my day. Mizoram Football Association is doing well.

Jeje a mainstay in the Indian football team watches the MFAs wards at the Assam Rifles ground in Aizawl
    Deb_BangopiajeeshBrainFallINDIADXCarbon_14trojanSOCCER4klspartafootydipsouravindiaand 7 others.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    That photograph... It is so lovely...
    munna219777SOCCER4klashindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Somehow this picture reassures me about future of Indian football.
    Deb_BanDXdeepak dedhamunna219777spartaRonnysouravindiaashindiaindian_goonerkartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Good to know that jeje has 6 kids 
    dev_pfcDXCarbon_14munna219777karenesudhakar2050ashindiadeepuindian_goonershubham_northeastern[Deleted User]and 1 other.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-madanpura-youth-prefer-football-over-cricket-2611701

Madanpura youth prefer football over cricket

In areas like Madanpura, contrary to popular tastes, cricket is not the first choice of youngsters. Yaseer Ansari, who works for a sports firm, says, unlike cricket, where one has to wait for their turn to bat, football keeps the entire team constantly engaged. While this is a reason for many to opt this sport over otherwise popular cricket, for some, the game is a source of income. And, especially in this area, skills in the sport is something that is passed through generations.

Ansari says, "My father played football, but he didn't pursue it. I play because I find the game interesting and I work for a sport analyst firm, too. We won the game on Thursday by 1-0 and have been performing well. Youngsters here prefer football over cricket."

Ansari has played football at state-level.

For another footballer, Tabish Ansari, the sport has been played for generations. Both his father and uncle are footballers. "My father works with a government organisation and he secured the job through sports quota; same goes for my uncle. I am 20 now and have been playing the game for more than 5 years. I want to pursue it further."

Ansari Sajid, who runs a football academy in Madanpura, coaches more than 50 kids who are now playing at various levels. "My aim is to train the kids and hone their skills in the game; this is why I run the football academy. My entire family is into football. Tournaments like this encourage more talent to come out and play. It helps shape a lot of kids and such exposures are better for the game, too," he said.

Our friend @indian_gooner would say, football 1, kirket 0;)

munna219777deepuindian_gooner
  • samsam 16430 Points
    BREAKING|

AIFF has offered Dempo Sports Club to take charge of their Indian Arrows Project according to sources. The proposal on behalf of AIFF towards the Goan club is like inviting them as partners for the Arrows project where they will hold 50 percent share of the project. Dempo will need to invest around 3 crore a season if they accept the proposal (Based on the figure of 6Cr+ sum that AIFF spent behind Indian Arrows last season). Incase they accept the deal, then it may be called something like 'Dempo Arrows'.

News of Dempo willing to return to the big scene broke few days ago and the Dempo officials did not deny it. According to some experts, this is indirectly smoothening the path of their entry to the top flight by AIFF. Now what the future has in store and how situations unfold that remains to be seen.
    munna219777jees_josedeepukarenesudhakar2050indian_goonerspartaatuljgsanvedjadhavashindia
  • karanshkaransh 542 Points
    Eew! This looks disgusting to me.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Makes no sense 6 crore?????? 
    Minerva and Aizawl spent less than half to win I-League 

They can have their own team for 3 crores instead of having 50% of Arrows for that money
    Deb_Banashindia