Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16430 Points
    I am still happy as India will be able to play against better opponents. 
  • Weren't the newly created SWAFF countries Football Association Presidents supposed to meet on the 25th of May? What happened in that meeting or it wasn't held at all?
    munna219777
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    Ok. So SAFF remains as it is. Swaff is an extra kind of thing. So now all are HaPpY. 
    Yahoo oo. More matches.
    munna219777ashindiasouravindiaspartakartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Outside the zonal structure !!! thats fine. It should not be counted as India leaving SAFF and joining other body. It is extraa.
    indian_goonerCarbon_14ashindiaDeb_Bansouravindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/au-rajasthan-fc-rajasthan-footballing-map-of-india/1djnw30ex16ev1apojvqypz1b3

Winds of change hitting football in desert state with formation of AU Rajasthan FC

Jaipur-based AU Rajasthan FC are aiming to hit the Second Division of the I-League by next year....

Rajasthan is a name which has barely found a mention in the Indian football landscape in the past few decades. The Rajasthan Football Association was even barred from the All India Football Federation (AIFF) due to various disputing factions in 2007 and only recently reinstated. No club from the largest state in the country currently finds a place in any of the top or second tier of Indian football.

That could all change soon though if the founders of AU Rajasthan FC have their way. With a young CEO in the form of Sohil Bhansali in tow, the newly formed club is looking to change the picture across the vast state.

The 27-year-old Sohil has represented Rajasthan at the national level previously while also making it to the India U-17 camp. For him, the passion for the game has been there since his school days. Forming a professional football club was his dream when he passed out from school but has taken 10 long years for it to come to fruition.

“10 years ago, as soon as I passed out from school, we started with leagues in Jaipur, Varanasi and Delhi. From 2009 to 2013, we had conducted these leagues. The concept was to bring together 150-180 children from different schools in these cities, divide them into teams and give them a platform to play,” he said in an interaction with Goal.

“We wanted to build up a club that time as well but there were so many constraints those days with your grounds, your affiliations, etc,” he added.

It was the things he lacked during his playing days that drove Sohil to form a professional football club. 

“I myself had been a footballer so I knew the actual ground challenges which we were facing, basically proper facilities and coaching,” he quipped.

“So that’s how the concept of the club was conceived, to provide professional training with affiliated coaches. Most of the coaches in school level do not have affiliations. They have played football in their younger days and gone on to become coaches in school. 

“What we have targeted is only certified coaches from AIFF, UEFA and FA. These certified coaches can at least give them that level of confidence and platform which we can build up upon.”

While the coaching aspect of the club had been sorted, Sohil and his team has bigger mountains to cross.

“The next challenge was finance and then the other affiliations. I am happy that Rajasthan FA and AIFF were all-out in supporting us and we achieved that target. The club is now being financed by the AU Small Finance Bank so that hurdle was crossed and the club came into formation,” he stated.

Though the history of football in the state is not so illustrious, the Rajasthan FC CEO remains enthusiastic about the potential and has no doubt that he has made the right choice.

“If you see the talent, it’s not compulsory that footballers from Manipur, Mizoram and Goa can be there in the Indian team. Football needs to be developed across the country so why not start from my own hunting ground.

“Also, if you see the current Indian Super League and I-League, there is no club from Rajasthan. Even the association was barred (by the AIFF) for quite a while. Now that the Rajasthan Football Association (RFA) and everything else is in order, why not take it up and running since it’s a golden opportunity to develop football here. There is ample passion, even at school level and college level.

“It is not only present in urban cities likes Jaipur and Jodhpur and Udaipur. Even when we go to rural tier three cities like Beawar, Dausa, Bikaner and Churu, people are crazy about the sport. The only thing lacking is they do not have the correct platform to build upon their skills and drive their passion forward.”

The Jaipur-based club aim to participate in the second division of the I-League by the next year in their two-year goal.

“Our two-year goal is to participate in the I-League second division. As you know, to participate in the second division, we need to first compete in the state league. So in the coming year, we hope and plan to play the Rajasthan state league and then hit the I-League next year,” the young CEO stated.

While their plan sounds very simple on paper, it will take some doing to execute it on time, given the disarray Rajasthan football has been over the years. The newly-elected RFA are currently in the process of planning a stage league and the club is doing its best to support the body in its endeavours.

“So this is the next thing which the club will be assisting in. To organize a league, you need teams and the finance. What we are doing is encouraging corporations to come up and support the RFA in planning a full-fledged league for Rajasthan,” Sohil said.

“I have had a discussion with RFA officials and they are very well underway in their planning and execution process for the league. It is being planned on paper currently and should most probably materialize by this October or November.”

The newly-formed club will not be restricted to just boys but girls as well with a few of them already being recruited.

“We would also launch a women’s team and have already started enrolling a few players. We won’t be having a youth women’s team but we will have lower age groups for them. For them, we are starting from the age group seven. The plan has already been put into action. The actual challenge with the women’s team is building up the confidence in parents that it is not only boys but also the women who can go out and play and shine,” Sohil explained in detail.

Knowing the pitfalls of rushing into the professional leagues too early, Sohil and his team have already completed most of their coaching recruitments and plan to hit the ground running in preparation for the eventual switch.

“We would 100 per cent be doing our proper homework. We won’t obviously be just focusing on the Rajasthan league but we would also be playing matches across the country and state to get that exposure and match practice,” he said.

“The long-term ambition is, of course, to represent Rajasthan in the top-flight, in whichever league continues in India – the ISL or the I-League. But apart from the club level, we also want to focus on our human resources,” the CEO stated.

“The ideal scenario would be players from our club to go out and play abroad in countries like Spain, Netherlands and Italy, maybe even the third division, but we want them to go out and get that exposure. There have hardly been any Indians who have played abroad so what we want to do is to make our players capable enough of going to these countries and representing India,” he added before signing off.

Whether the club do hit the heights they intend to remains to be seen, but for now, Rajasthan FC and Sohil's efforts to put Rajasthan back on the football map of India is a highly welcome and much-needed move. 

deepak dedhasouravindiaindian_goonersparta
    https://kashmirmonitor.in/Details/149762/hope-the-success-of-real-kashmir-fc-will-bring-a-positive-image-to-the-jk-state-coach-robertson

Hope the success of Real Kashmir FC will bring a positive image to the J&K state : Coach Robertson

David Robertson was an integral part of perhaps the greatest Rangers FC team ever assembled. Robertson featured in six of the club’s record nine-in-a-row Scottish Premier Division (SPD) title run in the 1990s, and he also won three Scottish Cups and three League Cups during his time at Ibrox Stadium.
    Robertson is now a long way from home. He is the coach of Real Kashmir FC – a largely unheralded team which is battling for a spot in the largely unheralded I-League. Robertson has stepped into the unknown, and has enjoyed the challenge so far.
    “Before coming here, I thought every place in India was hot, but there was snow the second day I arrived in Kashmir. It felt like I was still in Scotland,” Robertson said, after his side notched up a victory over Ozone FC in the Hero 2nd Division League (final round) here.
    The Scotsman dismissed concerns about unrest in Kashmir Valley, stating that his experience has been nothing but positive. “I’ve heard about the conflicts and curfews, but I can walk the streets without facing any trouble. Every afternoon, I take two-hour walks through Srinagar, and the people have been welcoming and gracious. At times, our players have had trouble getting to the training ground, but this happens very rarely. I’ve lived in big cities like Phoenix (USA), where it can be dangerous. If you go to the wrong place in Phoenix, or even in Glasgow, you’ll have some trouble. I suppose it’s the same thing in Kashmir,” Robertson said.
    His concerns are restricted to life on the football field. “Kashmiri players suffer from lack of exposure. I’m happy that our squad consists of many local boys. Before this I-League qualifying campaign, they didn’t have many opportunities to play at the national level. Kashmiri kids need something positive in their lives. When the boys come to practice, they play with real desire and heart. I’m hoping that the success of Real Kashmir FC will bring a positive image to the state,” Robertson stated.
    In 1992, Robertson was part of the Rangers FC team which became the first British team to earn a spot in the Champions League group stage.
    That season, ‘The Gers’ also clinched the domestic treble (League Cup, Scottish Cup and SPD). In all, the outfit went on a 44-match unbeaten streak, which earned them high praise as the golden generation.
    Roberston drew similarities between that Rangers FC team and Real Kashmir FC. “Our Rangers side may not have had great individual talent, but we achieved great things through teamwork. I see the same traits in Real Kashmir FC,” he said.
    One former team-mate of Robertson who exuded pure individual talent was Paul Gascoigne. The mercurial striker signed for Rangers FC in 1995, for a club record fee of £4.3 million. ‘Gazza’ has since fallen on hard times, his life blighted by alcoholism and mental issues. Robertson described Gascoigne as a generous man who was unfairly portrayed as a trouble-maker.
    “I remember an incident at a gas station at Glasgow. I filled gas and went inside the office to make the payment. The man at the counter told me that Gazza had just been in, and that he had given him 100 pounds to buy sweets for his kids. That’s the type of guy Gazza is – an honest and wonderful man,” Robertson explained, “I feel very bad for him, because we were very good friends. We drifted apart once he started having his issues, which is something I deeply regret.”
    The 49-year-old recently tried to make contact with his old mate, but to no avail. “When I was coaching in Arizona (USA), Gazza had come over for his de-addiction programme. I tried to meet him, but his guidance counsellor wouldn’t allow it. You know, all of us Rangers players attend reunions to celebrate the nine-in-a-row league title run. Hopefully one day, Gazza will be well enough to join us.”(sportstarlive.com)

Carbon_14munna219777
    https://khelnow.com/news/article/goa-football-association-elections-2018-19-churchill-brothers-churchill-alemao-interview

My main motto will be to give a better platform for the state's youth- Churchill Alemao

The Churchill Brothers headhoncho is set to contest elections for the President of the Goa Football Association.

With the conclusion of the Goa Professional League (GPL) and Goa Sevens Premier League in May, the state's football season is almost over and everybody is focusing on the Goa Football Association's elections which will be held in the month of July.

In an exclusive interview with Khel Now, Churchill Brothers owner and one of the favourites for the President's post, Churchill Alemao spoke about his candidature and plants to improve the apathetic state of football in the state.

"It was not my own decision to contest the election, but all the clubs have forced me to stand for the election," Alemao revealed.

“I am happy to see such support from the clubs and I will make sure that trust shown by the clubs will never get broken. I will do everything which will help to improve football in the state," said Alemao who has overwhelming support from the Goan outfits.

The Churchill Brothers owner revealed his displeasure upon seeing the working of the association in the past few years. One of the major reasons behind the 69-year-old's decision to contest,  along the lines of which he has also set up his first goal if he gets elected to the helm.

The way the GFA was working in the last few years is completely wrong. They completely failed to organise everything in a proper manner. I want to change that first. My first step will be to bring proper organization, no matter if it is the GPL or a Third Division League match in the state," he affirmed.

It looks like the Nationalist Congress Party MLA from Benaulim has already made his priority to improve the fan-base in the state as he said "The recently concluded season (GPL) was completely played at Duler Stadium (Mapusa, North Goa), but since it is the state's top tier league it should have been played in South Goa also. So, I will try to bring the GPL to South Goa, so that fans from this side will also get an opportunity to witness top quality football."

The GFA Third Division League which is the state's fourth tier used to have a title sponsor in the past, but for the last three seasons, the GFA has even failed to get sponsors for the GPL. But, Alemao is confident of getting sponsors easily.

"Getting a sponsor for the top tier is not a big deal. When Goa hosted the Santosh Trophy in 2017, I had brought some sponsors to help the GFA to smoothly organise the tournament. So, I don't think getting sponsors for the GPL will be difficult for me," Alemao reiterated.

Finally when asked about that what football fans of the state can expect from him to develop football in Goa he said, "The people of Goa know very well what I have done for the love of football. So, I don't think I need to explain here. But, my main motto will be to give a better platform for the youth of the state to perform, so more Goans will represent the national team."

Motherwell apply for Dheeraj's work permit

India U-17 goalkeeper Dheeraj Singh has returned home after a three-month trial with Motherwell FC and will pack his bags for the Scottish Premiership should he get a work permit.
    India’s star goalkeeper at the Fifa U-17 World Cup last year quit Indian Arrows, the developmental side of the All India Football Federation (AIFF), to try his luck in Europe. He trained with the first team of Motherwell FC who, impressed with his attitude and agility, offered him a three-year contract.

Dheeraj can sign the professional contract only when he turns 18 on July 4 and must fulfil conditions to secure a work permit.

“Dheeraj trained full time, participating in practice matches impressing Motherwell’s management and goalkeeping coach with his attitude and agility, prompting a firm offer of a three-year deal. Motherwell have applied for a special circumstance work permit due to Fifa rules and expect to hear back in the not-too-distant future,” said Alan Gow, a former Scottish player and now agent who recommended Dheeraj to the Scottish club.

Dheeraj will find it tough to secure a work permit as United Kingdom’s strict rules for footballers means only those who feature in at least 75% of his country’s competitive international games and from a country ranked in the top 70 of Fifa rankings can be considered.

Even if Dheeraj fails to secure a work permit, Gow, who last played for Kolkata giants East Bengal, has no doubt that the young goalkeeper will have many suitors.

The goalkeeper is in demand in India with several Indian Super League (ISL) franchises keen to land his signature. Sources said, some foreign teams have also shown more than just passing interest in Dheeraj.

Dheeraj was brought to Gow’s attention through recommendations from former players in India.

“I watched him closely before the World Cup started and recommended him to the chief executive at Motherwell Football Club. Motherwell watched footage of Dheeraj’s matches and were impressed, asking me to organise a trial and invite him to the club. Anuj (Kichlu) and I then worked closely to help make this happen and secure Dheeraj a deal,” he said.

Dheeraj was India’s find at the Fifa U-17 World Cup. India lost all three group matches and scored just one goal against Colombia, but the young goalkeeper covered himself in glory with some superlative saves.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/motherwell-apply-for-dheerajs-work-permit/articleshow/64375569.cms
    Carbon_14indian_goonersouravindiamunna219777ashindia
  • indian_goonerindian_gooner 3416 Points
    so he goes now in "exceptional quota" ?
    munna219777
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Subrata Dutta left for the SWAFF meeting in Saudi. India will get 3.5 crore per year for joining this federation
    ashindia