Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Ozone should be concerned about building / renovation of Bangalore Football Stadium. They were supposed to start it in 2014 !!!  Builder doing everything except the main job.
    indian_gooner
  • samsam 16430 Points
    2 or 1 corporate will be allowed in the IL?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Only 1, Churchill brothers in retained on (NCP quota) 
    indian_goonerDeb_BanCarbon_14munna219777
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Now ozone dont have rights for it. JSW have it 
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://www.hindustantimes.com/football/no-support-from-local-authorities-says-indian-football-team-midfielder-anirudh-thapa/story-oJm6G3kw3gg9bl5nJenIQN.html

No support from local authorities, says Indian football team midfielder Anirudh Thapa

Anirudh Thapa, who won the Intercontinental Cup 2018 title with the Indian football team, said that he has not received much help from the Uttarakhand government during his early years.

Pumped up from the victory at the Intercontinental Cup 2018 in Mumbai last week, Indian football team youngster Anirudh Thapa is disappointed with the facilities provided to sportspersons in his home state of Uttarakhand.

After winning the title, Thapa reached his home town in Dehradun on Monday. His father, Pramod Thapa, works with ONGC and has struggled during the initial years of his coaching. As per the father-son duo, the government authorities aren’t considerate towards sportspersons owing to which many aspiring footballers fail to chase their dreams.

“The association (district football) neither supported my son when he was preparing for nationals, nor has approached us now when he has already won Intercontinental Cup,” senior Thapa said adding on that the fate of young footballers is compromised due to non-supportive attitude of the local association.

Anirudh recalled how his father arranged a ground for practice when the government and other agencies denied. “Thanks to ace footballer Ratan Thapa ji who provided me ground for coaching,” he said.

Energised with his recent success, Anirudh is now preparing for Asian Games (U-23) to be held in Jakarta, Indonesia next month. He studied at St. Joseph’s Academy in Dehradun. He then joined St. Stephen’s Football Academy in Chandigarh where he was trained and simultaneously completed studies.

“It feels great to have won an international cup and especially to make my country and state proud,” he chuckled.

After getting selected for AIFF Elite Academy and Under 18 Indian team, he was selected to join French club Metz on a short training stint sponsored by Chennaiyin FC. This was in 2016. Since then, he is a part of the current ISL champions Chennaiyin FC and has played several matches for the club.

The Indian football coach Stephen Constantine applauded Thapa’s performance before media stating , ‘he has an outstanding work rate.’

But what comes with success is responsibility. He trains for 8-9 hours a day and is very particular about his diet. Unlike youth of his age, he is not a social media savvy. His Twitter account has 1552 followers and he is followed by mere 135 people on Facebook.

For an international athlete, it’s not easy to abstain from fun. “I do have fun. I go out with my friends and play video games, spend time with family,” he said.

And the best thing about his hometown-how can he miss. “Whenever I am here, I have to drive along Rajpur Road. The city has seen a lot of development in past few years, but it’s my place. It’s where I love being myself,” he added.

He owes his success to his father who worked hard on him and also his mother Sudha who supported his dreams. Thapa has plans to support struggling footballers of his town. “Whenever I get time, I try training young footballers of Dehradun and preparing them for senior club trials,” he signs off.

indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2018
    this one was 1 day after the date of that article 29th June 2017. It says Embassy- JSW bid was rejected.

@7negi Do you have any other source citing JSW-Embassy winning the bid for reconstruction. I dont find anything after June 2017. The Times of India one you posted is also not clear and infact says that JSW got rejected.

• MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    edited June 2018
    Never ending saga. Better govt release fund build the stadium on its own, then rent it to BFC. Handle like PPP model just like Airports. 
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    https://khelnow.com/news/article/upcoming-indian-tournaments-2018-19

What's next for Indian football?

The top two leagues may have ended but regional competitions are swinging into gear.

The Indian football season officially came to an end with the wrap-up of the Indian Super League (ISL), but there is still a lot to look forward to fans all over the country. While the I-League and the ISL might still be months away, but some of the state and city leagues are all set to kick-off in the coming months to provide entertainment for those who just can not live without football.

The 120th edition of the Calcutta Football League (CFL), which will feature the likes of Mohun Bagan and East Bengal is all set to kick-off in mid-July. The new season will begin after the conclusion of the FIFA World Cup and we could see the first match happen as soon as 19th July. The competition will run through the month and end before the I-League kicks off so that it's appropriate enough for Mohun Bagan and East Bengal. The Mariners have already started their pre-season preparations as they look to break East Bengal's dominance in the CFL and begin their campaign brightly.

The Mizoram Premier League (MPL) is also set to kick-off after the World Cup, but it'll probably take place around late August or early September. The seventh season of the MPL will be as exciting as ever, with Gift Raikhan's Aizawl FC expected to participate in it as well. This will be good preparation for the former I-League champions, who have faced stiff competition in the STATE LEAGUE over the past few years.

The Mizoram Premier League has brought up many talents 

The former I-League champions were upset in the final of the MPL last season, where they were defeated by Chhinga Veng FC. The MPL will definitely be packed with some exciting talents this season and Mizoram's impressiVE outing in the Santosh Trophy earlier this year proved to how well the state's football is developing.

The Goa Professional League (GPL) is also set to kick-off in late August or in early September and the fans in the state will have to wait a bit because of the Goa State Division elections. Churchill Brothers, who announced a host of impressive signings, will be looking to regain the title they are yet to win since 2008.

The GPL has been an entertaining source of football for years now and will the teams bulking up on quality players, the upcoming season will be better than ever.

The latest season of the Kerala Premier League (KPL) ended a few weeks ago, so one can expect the new one to start in a few months. It'll probably take till next year for the KPL to kick-off and with reigning champions Gokulam Kerala adding to their arsenal, it'll be difficult for the other teams to thwart this new dominant force in the league. The KPL is also full of impressive, unearthed gems and Kerala's footballing development was proved when they won the Santosh Trophy earlier this year.

The Chennai Senior Division is also expected to kick-off later this year, with Chennai City being the major drawing point of the league. City haVE already brought together an impressive squad of players for next season and will hope to dominate the Senior Division with their amazing talent pool.

Along with this, the Indian Super League and I-League are both expected to kick-off sometime around September or October. There will be no merger going through this year either, which means that we will be simultaneously watching both the leagues like last season. Indian football might have received a boost in fans thanks to Sunil Chhetri's recent heroics, but everyone needs to watch these competitions in order to discover how exciting the domestic game can really be.

Disclaimer: This article does not contain all upcoming football leagues or tournaments in India.

munna219777