Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29669 Points
    http://www.newindianexpress.com/opinions/editorials/2018/jun/06/the-plight-of-indian-football-1824286.html

The plight of indian football

It’s not easy to be a footballer in India. Even if you are successful and rich. Buried under cricket, other sports in our country are neglected anyway. Football’s case is worse. The IPL-style Indian Super League has completed four years, but the sport connects with us only when European or South American teams are in action. The Indian version has few takers. Hosting the Under-17 World Cup last year changed nothing.

You know football is played by Indians, that there is a national team.

But who are the players? Where do they come from? Why they can’t reach world levels? These questions doesn’t bother us. That’s why it wasn’t surprising when Indian captain Sunil Chhetri made an emotional plea on social media recently, urging fans to come to the stadium to watch the team in an international competition held in Mumbai. It was picked up instantly by Virat Kohli and went viral, which led to packed stands for Monday’s match against Kenya despite torrential rain.

While the sight must have warmed the hearts of the players, the point to note is it took a cricketer to remind the public that football played by Indians is worth watching. The same Mumbai, which crowded the Wankhede Stadium for IPL a few weeks ago, had shown no interest until then, despite knowing that the football team was in town. That’s how it has been.

Celebrities from other walks of life are needed to promote football. It highlights once again the contrast between India’s love for football and the football played by Indians. In a week when the World Cup starts in Russia, India will get divided into groups rooting for Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina. Chhetri and his team will see the frenzy around and get ready to prepare quietly for next year’s Asian Cup.

It’s a tournament India has qualified for just the fourth time and being there means players will get a glimpse of what happens at higher levels. Most probably, no one will notice. Chhetri and co. have no choice but to toil away from the limelight. Indian football is still not the product Indians consume.

• Indian Football team cleared for asian Games
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points

Danish Farooq: Kashmir’s next star footballer in the making

Srinagar: Every football fan in Kashmir has heard about two star  footballers of Kashmir Mehrajudin Wadoo and Ishafq Ahmad,both played at international level .But, now latest talent in  Kashmir, Danish farooq of Real Kashmir FC Is emerging as a  next  star footballer of Kashmir after Ishafq and Wadoo.

Srinagar boy Danish farooq (22) 6 feet tall midfielder is getting praises from all quarters for his performance in recently concluded I league second division 2017-2018. Danish’s stand out performance in  the league helped  Real Kashmir FC  create history as real Kashmir become first club in Jammu and Kashmir  to qualify top division of I league.

Danish farooq was top scorer for Real Kashmir FC with   4 goals  along with three other players of the club, .On the big day in a virtual final with Hindustan FC ,Danish scored a fabulous goal and also assisted a goal  which ensured Real Kashmir FC’s  place in  I league.

Son of former legendary  Kashmiri footballer Farooq Ahmad Bhat,Danish faroq followed footsteps of his father and make it  to the big stage of Indian club football .Speaking to The  ‘Kashmir Images’  while  talking about his journey from amateur to professional footballer he said, “My father was a professorial footballer ,so we had a good football  culture in our family. I imitated my father and  started playing football from  my childhood .I used to play in Eidgah ground near my locality. I was selected in J&K bank  football academy  at the  age of 13.”

After playing in the academy for two years Danish was selected for J&K bank football team .He won around 12 leagues and tournaments with J&K bank Football club

“Stint at  J&K bank football club started my professional football career   . But ,J&K bank  football  club was not eligible to play in  I league .A much need platform for football  players in Kashmir was missing .Formation of two private clubs in Kashmir Lone star Kashmir FC  and Real Kashmir FC created a  big hope .Then in  2016 real Kashmir was formed .Owner of Real Kashmir FC Shamim Meraj spotted me and i joined Real Kashmir FC on loan .I played in I league second division 2016-2017  for Real Kashmir FC .”He added.

Danish says experience in I league second division was turning point for me. “ I got to play against big  clubs of Indian football which improved my skills .We didn’t qualified for I league in our debut season. But,we gained lot of experience which helped us in next season where we crowned champions.”

In 2017 Real Kashmir becomes first football club in Kashmir to play on foreign soil by playing 4 matches in Scotland .Danish was part of the team which played in Scotland .Speaking about experience in Scotland Danish said, “playing in Scotland was life time opportunity for me. The standard of football is very high in Scotland. They have good infrastructure .Even a small team has got well established infrastructure .AS compared to Scotland we are lacking far behind in terms of football Infrastructure.”

Danish says coach David  Robertson played a big role in our success “His vision lead us to become champions of  I league second division .He always had got belief in me .He gives players freedom to play. He always keep us motivating .He is one of the  best coach under which I have ever played.” Danish said.

Danish said,” My first inspiration was my father. I also got inspiration from Ishafq and Wadoo to play football  at higher level in Indian football .At international level Cristiano Ronaldo is my role model .I like his   playing style and attitude.”

On road ahead, Danish said “My next goal is to play in ISL (Indian Super League) .For that I league will be platform for me .I will give my best in  I league and I believe  our team  will do good in I league.”

Sajid Yousuf Dar, former football international coach, has all praises for Danish , He said, “ I first saw Danish playing when he came for J&K bank football  academy trails. From the beginning he was playing quality football. He has got ability to emerge as a successful player .He is tactically very strong .He has got all the qualities which a midfielder needs. He has proved his mettle in I league second division  and will continue to do so in  I league.”

Sajid Dar futher added “After Mehrajudin  Wadoo and Ishfaq, now Danish has has emerged .He  has potential to do wonders in Indian football ”

Owner of real Kashmir, Shamim Meraj ,firmly believes that Danish Farooq will excel at national and international arena, he said, “It is my personal belief that Danish has Got potential  to play in Europe at top most level  and our coach David Robertson also believe it. I Also believe that Danish will be best ever footballer to come out from Kashmir.

“He is young, dynamic and passionate footballer .He is destined for bigger things in life.” He added.

Come October Danish Farooq will play it out in I league and football lovers in Kashmir are eagerly waiting for the movement and are counting the days.

http://thekashmirimages.com/2018/06/09/danish-farooq-kashmirs-next-star-footballer-in-the-making/

thebeautifulgameNagendraCarbon_14ashindiaRonnykartik91munna219777indian_gooner
    http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/i-league-manuel-retamero-calls-for-patience-after-joining/owha2bg3xnzizjor51c3ts1h

I-League: Manuel Retamero calls for patience after joining NEROCA

The Spanish gaffer is all set for his second coming and is keen to replace his bitter memories with Aizawl FC...

After a successful stint with Ulaanbaatar City FC of Mongolia, Manuel Retamero returns to India as the head coach of NEROCA FC. His first spell as a tactician on Indian soil with Aizawl FC did not go as planned as he was fired after a string of disappointing results. This has made him even more determined to do well with the Manipuri outfit in order to set the record straight.

"I always wished to come back to India. I have had many rounds of discussions with the club management and I feel confident that they are professional. They believe in me and my style of footbal therefore I have been recalled. It is a positive thing and we can hope that with good support from Manipuris, we will have a phenomenal season," said the 43-year old coach to Goal. 

Although he is going to set foot in India in the last week of June, Retamero has already started his hunt for quality players.

"I always emphasize on having a good goalkeeper and a great striker as these two positions are the key to score points. I have some names shortlisted. Once I reach India I will discuss it with the club management and then narrow it down. The domestic recruitments are being done by the club. They must check with me as well to understand my requirements. I have confidence and full faith in the technical team of NEROCA that they will make the right choices.

"It is important that what I wish and want gets implemented by the club. If we play with local players in the local league it is fine, I don't have any problem. But I-League is a completely different ball-game. The sides are much tougher and we need a balanced squad. We must have experienced players for the I-League. It is important to find the right balance of youth and experience," said the former Aizawl FC head coach. 

Manuel Retamero

In his last season with Ulaanbaatar, Retamero guided them to the second position in the Mongolian Premier League and also won the League Cup and Super Cup. He is confident of replicating his success at NEROCA but has called for patience from the club management and fans.

"I know that last season NEROCA were fighting for the championship. But when a new coach comes in, you must learn to be patient. All over the world the clubs want immediate results. That is difficult.  The management should always support the coach and provide the coach with everything, albeit within their budget and limits. The important thing is that our performance must not go down from the previous season. We should always look to better ourselves. 

“When a new coach arrives he brings in a change of style. I will try and implement my brand of football. So again I say we must be patient. I am not going to stick to a particular style of play. It is important that we practice different styles and formations for different teams and match situations. Barcelona could not change their style and Mourinho's Inter went on to beat them. So we should always prepare ourselves focussing on our strengths but also keeping in mind the opposition that we are going to face," said the UEFA Pro License holding coach. 

Although Retamero left India with a bitter taste, it is interesting to find that that he has remained a keen follower of Indian football.

"I always keep a tab on Indian football through social media. I follow Aizawl fc. I know that they won the league last year. I get some news about Bengaluru FC as well as they had a Spanish coach. It is interesting to find that for two successive years the average teams have outperformed the big names. In the previous year it was Aizawl and now Minerva Punjab. It is good for the country's football. The national team is also doing great under Stephen Constantine. So it is a good time to be back in India,” signed off coach.

debarghya89goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    In his last stunt I feel he was not given time to prove himself by aizawl, aizawl has a very bad habit of sacking good coaches at wrong time, they sacked Manuel and brought in Jahar das and got relegated but thanks to aiff they were back and won I league with Jamil, then they brought Paulo and sacked him before AFC cup. Then the relegation expert kashyup made a team which was able to hold ACL quter finalist to finishing last in AFC cup group stage.
    deepak dedhamunna219777
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/ill-quit-politics-not-football/articleshow/64524817.cms

‘I’ll quit politics, not football’

Churchill Alemao challenges anyone to show more trophies than he has stocked at his Varca residence. There is a trophy of every hue and colour; his team, Churchill Brothers SC, has won every major trophy in Indian football, even the IFA Shield which remained elusive for every other Goan club.
    For more than three decades, the club patron has been involved with the sport. Churchill Brothers is a more recent phenomenon but even before the formation of the club, clubs like Varca SC and others enjoyed his patronage.

“I’ve lost count of the (village) clubs I have helped all my life. Whoever turned up at my residence, I have helped them in whatever way I could. I don’t think anyone could have done more,” said Alemao, quite relaxed at his residence, and disturbed only by intermittent phone calls from players and coaches seeking a chance to play for his team.

Alemao remains busy, even though its off season for football. There is the team-building exercise, but more importantly, he must connect with village clubs all over again. Having decided to contest for the post of Goa Football Association’s president – elections will be held next month – Alemao needs the backing of the 200-odd clubs to take charge of Goan football for the first time.

“Had it not been for the clubs who forced me, I wouldn’t have got into this. If I had wished, I could have become GFA president much earlier but I supported whoever took charge. I want football to thrive again,” said Alemao.

Without pointing a finger at anyone, Alemao speaks of the ‘shock’ that he felt during the Fifa U-17 World Cup. India played at the World Cup for the first time, and there was no Goan player in sight. “I still cannot come to terms with that,” said Alemao.

Alemao has been left in no doubt that he will sail through with ease.

“I actually want a contest,” he says, when it was pointed out that nobody has come out in the open to challenge him. Former fisheries minister Avertano Furtado – formerly his goalkeeper – is being talked about as the most likely candidate but there is no formal announcement. Current GFA president Elvis Gomes is also weighing his options.

In his mind, though, Alemao knows he has enough goodwill from clubs across the state to win the GFA presidential candidate, whoever the opposition. “As of now, 80 percent of the clubs are backing me,” he says, without a moment’s hesitation.

His early election promise includes a commitment to ensure that village clubs have access to government grounds. There are several grounds which are in the possession of the government; locked for maintenance, but Alemao has promised to first have a discussion with the government, and should they not relent, agitate.

“These grounds are built for the people. If locals don’t have access to these grounds, what is the use? For me football will always come first. I can quit politics but I cannot stay away from football,” he said.

Clubs have also been assured of a government grant of Rs 50,000 each.

“The government has a scheme of providing Rs 50,000 annually to clubs. Only a few clubs have benefitted from this. I understand the problem is that many clubs don’t have a PAN card. I will facilitate this and ensure that the clubs have all documents in place, through which they can apply for these grants,” said Alemao.

For now, Alemao is waiting to see who stands up to him. Whoever it is, he has a battle on his hands.
    munna219777kartik91
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    hoping to real kashmir will get us some new players and maybe they will surprise legacy teams
    munna219777deepak dedha
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    They will finish mear the bottom of the table this year and win the league next year.