Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    He didn't want to play Jordan friendly himself
    munna219777ashindiaRonnygoalkeepar
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Sunil chhatri should be banned from NT for life.. If romeo and mandar are banned form NT for not attending a camp because there club Fc goa didn't wanted them too then how chhatri who faked a injury to not play for NT should be allowed ? Constantine should not call him up for Oman friendly and also Asia cup.
    Carbon_14ashindiadeepu
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Otherwise remove Constantine :D  
    goalkeeparashindiaatuljgEastBengalPride
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @goalkeepar ; Was it Romeo & Mandar  or Romeo & Brandon ?? They refused to come for the National Camp for SAFF Championship.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    https://ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com/sports/others/city-team-all-set-for-i-league/articleshow/66789009.cms

City team all set for I-League

Football fans in the state will have a lot to cheer about as one of Ahmedabad's teams has been nominated for the second division of I-League that will start in December. While the formal approval is still pending, sources associated with the development told Mirror that city-based ARA FC, who are also the Ahmedabad Districtchampions, are set to become the first team from the state to feature in the I-League West Zone qualifiers.

"The licencing formalities are on but, yes, Gujarat will have a team for the West Zone qualifiers," a top official from the state association confirmed. "It is just formalities but I can say that they (ARA FC) will become the first team from the state to feature in the senior league," he added.

In sync with reality

With the qualifiers in December, there was little time for the owners and the management as they were busy building a team that can compete with teams from Goa and Maharashtra, who have a better presence of football.

"Our football operations actually started just two years ago and I am happy that we are now looking to compete at one of the top leagues in the country," ARA FC managing director Vikram Patel told Mirror.

"We just got the news on Friday and we have very short time to prepare. I won't promise anything grand but we want to show that we belong there. We will be a competitive team albeit all our hurdles," added Patel, who owns the team along with his brothers Krinesh and Prathamesh.

Eyeing local talent

Despite the challenges ahead, Patel said that the focus will be on local talent. "The idea of football came from the fact that we don't have any player from Gujarat in the top leagues of the country," Patel said, adding, "We want to change that. I know it will be a difficult first season but I am hoping to develop local talent in the long run."

A big challenge

The man who will be responsible for shaping the dream knows the gravity of the challenge.

"I understand my bosses' vision and I also had the opportunity to see the local talent in a tournament couple of months back," former Chennaiyin FC assistant coach and ARA FC football director Vivek Nagul said.

"The passion is there but it will be a big task to shape the players to compete with the best in the country. It will be a big challenge for me but I feel I have the experience to see it through," said Nagul, who also has coaching experience with Tanzanian club Azam FC.

Bigger picture

While the immediate focus will be on building a team, Nagul has already set his eyes on the bigger picture.

"In the long run, I think the key will be to train coaches. It is important to develop the right set of coaches if we really want to develop the sport," he said, adding, "We are also looking at scout development as these people will be key to find talented players for us."

"Gujarat is never short of talent and I have seen that football has its presence in places like Junagadh, Jamnagar and Baroda. The boys at Sports Authority of Gujarat (SAG) are also very talented. It is important that we have scouts to unearth them," he added.

Trials on Tuesday

ARA manager Kapil Dinesh said the selection trials will be held on Tuesday.

"We are going to hold selection trials on Tuesday morning from 7am to 12 noon and again in the after 3 pm to 5pm," Kapil said, adding, "We hope to find some talents during the trials."
    Carbon_14
    And they will get entry easily in second division, just because they are from new region 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/mohammedan-sporting-lift-bodoland-gold-cup/articleshow/66799180.cms

Mohammedan Sporting's dream run in Assam continued as Raghu Nandy's side lifted the 19th Bodoland Martyrs Gold Cup, beating Oil India 5-4 in a penalty shootout after the final was tied 0-0 in regulation times in Kokrajhar on Sunday. 

Sunday's win came hot on the heels of Mohammedan Sporting's Bordoloi Trophy triumph earlier this month

munna219777Carbon_14
  • samsam 16428 Points
    So they'll do good in IL2?
    munna219777
    Most of consistent IL2 performers are already in I-league. So should have mainly competition from Ozone/Fateh, unless a new club with bigger ambitions come out 
    munna219777