Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    So this is ISL and JFC's real contribution to Indian football! Aunty should bask in glory for ISL being 'trending' in twitter (because that is all they care about), while we hang our heads in shame ...
    [Deleted User]DEFENCE123
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I think targetting ISL negatively and blaming it for everything, ranging from age fraud incidents to national team not playing enough friendlies to Indian team getting a new kit sponsor,, it is a bit unfair and unreasonable. No doubt ISL has its' issues which need to be sorted out, most notably the dichotomy between it and I League, but seriously, blaming Gaurav Mukhi incident solely on ISL?? Was there no age fraud before ISL started? Every Indian club used to turn a blind eye to player's age and DOB issues. Indian junior national teams are replete with stories of over age players playing in them. Was that ok then? And how is it ISL's fault? Every team and league likes to highlight and celebrate young talents especially when they score goals. How were they to know that Gaurav Mukhi was lying to them? Since there is no age restriction for ISL players therefore teams or the league were not obligated to conduct bone density test for determining age of any player. They took it at face value whatever the players told them.
    Secondly blaming ISL for the national team not playing enough international matches is also wrong. In his latest press conference Constantine said that although AIFF sent out invites to 25-30 countries for organising friendlies, only one replied back - Oman. Apparently other major footballing countries do not consider us as tough tough opposition which can test their players in a competitive match. This is reasonable as well as every country wants to play stronger teams before a major tournament. Would we have liked if India had arranged 4-5 friendlies with the likes of Nepal and Bangladesh? So it's not as if the AIFF is not trying their best. And how is Reliance or ISL responsible for this? So I think we must be reasonable while criticizing someone and every criticism should be based on logic and not mere conjecture and bias.
    We all remember the state of Indian football in the pre-ISL days. The I-League was a joke back then, no sponsorships, no money in the game, no live broadcast of matches, empty stadiums,teams suffering major financial losses every season and at least one team shutting shop after every season, be it JCT, Mahindra, Pune FC or Bharat FC. There was no media coverage of Indian football or our national league. The playing style of teams was horrible - just hoof the ball towards strikers and running forward! ISL changed that. It brought money, glamour, media attention, sponsorships, attention to youth development, and most importantly, a sense of professionalism in our footballing setup. It also ensures that football reached common people and they are enticed to attend games in the stadium. The infrastructure has improved so much more because of ISL. You cannot take these achievements away from it or discount them. Yes, ISL has its own flaws and they should be ironed out. But give credit where due and not unnecessarily blame it for everything going wrong. 
    goalkeeparDEFENCE123indianFootballFandeepu
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    Lol.. Lots of delusional people in ifn now a days
    Deb_BanDEFENCE123shubham_northeasternkartik91
  • @Deb_Ban lets not open that door of what age fraud and contract frauds "Real League clubs" has been doing since ages  :D , bohot bada contribution niklega fir

@Chelseafan Clubs ,agents, coaches everyone is aware of things , nobody says nothing (in both ISL, U18 league and I LEAGUE) its foolish to assume JFC didnt know 

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    edited December 2018
    This, "Mukhi, Jamshedpur FC, the Indian Super League and the All India Football Federation have made Indian football trend worldwide, ..." Just see the way the reporter is celebrating the 'trend', at whatever cost! 

He was glorifying ISL & JFC.
    munna219777Carbon_14
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited December 2018
    There is no trend, only in their senses. First the wanted to glorify wrong age that 16 year old scored and so on. When caught, they are again trying to be in news by highlighting negativity.
    Nobody cares !!!
    Deb_BanEastBengalPridegoalkeepar[Deleted User]
  • samsam 16526 Points
    In this age debacle we lost a nice Indian striker, a rare species on earth.  :(
    deepak dedhaDeb_Bangoalkeeparmunna219777deepukartik91
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    One typo about age of 28 from that Telegraph journalist who might not know anything literally ruined the career. I don't know if he ll ever be taken again by JFC after this fiasco. 

When he had published it then only I had mailed him to get it corrected but it still stands and I think the damage has been done.
    goalkeeparmunna219777Carbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    Mukhi is one of better strikers we have.. I hope he comes back and destroys the league next season, he is actually 23 but British media is spreading fake news that he is 28.

• samsam 16526 Points
    Since he plays with seniors, why the hell we care if he is 16, 23, 28 or 100 !!
    Just implement the rules well from next time 
    goalkeeparCarbon_14