Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points

Football tourney sans nets and markings 

Lack of basic facilities and requirements like goalpost nets, linemen and marking lines on the ground is the story of prestigious Subroto Cup football tournament being organized at Barkatullah University ground on Monday. 
    ..........................................................................................................................................................................................
    Even for such an important tournament school education department seems indifferent. A player representing a school team in the tournament said, “Is it really Subroto Cup? By watching the match anyone can gauge it is nothing but a mockery. Where are the lines on the ground? Where is the D in front of the goalmouth?” It seems like organizers have given a football to play freewheel in the open ground without caring for the rules, added the player. Another player said, “MP has never won Subroto cup in the past 60 years. Reason is simple that that the school education department has no time to provide even basic facility like a ground. 

This is not a tournament but a joke,” said an irked player. Even the referees appointed to officiate in the match were not registered. “What kind of decision one can expect from such young trainees? This is Subroto Cup and proper referees should have been appointed,” said a senior soccer coach. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/football-tourney-sans-nets-markings/articleshow/70032286.cms

Reality check, guys! At a time when we wax eloquent about the rise in ranking of our NT and out NT coach Igor Stimac and TD Isaac Doru constantly harp on the importance of football at the grass-root level and youth football, one of the most prestigious tournaments in the country, the Subroto Cup is being played in MP without a shred of professionalism. Lack of goalpost nets, linemen and marking lines make this tournament a farce. No registered referees, semifinals and finals of different age categories are being organized on a single day. When shall we understand that only the availability of a large pool of talented players at the base can redress the top-heavy structure of Indian football and the sleeping giant shall continue to sleep unless and until age-based youth tournaments are given the due importance that they deserve?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Official mouthpiece of reliance goal.com has confirmed that both eb n mb has been relegated first time in there history. https://www.goal.com/en-in/amp/news/mohun-bagan-and-east-bengal-slips-from-top-tier-for-the/15hn5n95pibia1nd347symrhns?__twitter_impression=true
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    So, he has decided to give up his Iranian passport?
  • samsam 16526 Points
    ISL -ACL spot
     I league -AFC cup spot
    For next 3 years..
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points
    All India Football Federation (AIFF) president Praful Patel has stated that the Indian FA would like the existing arrangement of the country's domestic football league structure to continue for three more years. The apex body will seek approval from the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) for the same. 

Patel met the representatives of I-League clubs to talk about the roadmap of Indian football after several months of uncertainty regarding the status of I-League as India's top-tier league. 

After the meeting, Patel said, "Tomorrow (in the future), we don’t want to pack up the I-League. It should continue. But ultimately there should be a roadmap of Indian football. Two leagues cannot go on permanently. The AFC will also not allow it forever. It is just a solution for the time being."

The AIFF president feels that the existing arrangement of I-League and ISL functioning together should continue for three more years, subject to approval by the AFC. 

"There is a historical issue with Indian football, within that framework, I feel a reasonable two to three years window should be given for I-League also to be continuing. I cannot give you any assurance yet because I have to talk to the AFC. AFC also have to agree to what I am saying. It may be our wish but AFC will have to agree. Our commercial partners have to be consulted. At the end of the day, there are costs involved.

"There are also rights which they got through the Master agreement which we had signed many years ago. Within that framework which is three years, I feel that the I-League also must co-exist with the fullest recognition of the AFC so that it is an AFC product. It should not be something which is not recognised by the AFC. So the clubs in I-League must also not get lost in the upward movement. These are just suggestions which we will try to talk to all the stakeholders."
    souravindiadev_pfc[Deleted User]deepucoolgaganmunna219777
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    I-League will be knockout cup for next 3 years while ISL will be the top division league
    dev_pfcdeepu
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    The representatives of Aizawl FC, Gokulam Kerala and Minerva Punjab detailed the minister on their interaction with AIFF President Praful Patel.

Carbon_14
    Kya desh hai yeh. Conviction hi nai hai. I'll give another recent example to prove my point. I work in the electric vehicle industry. A few days ago, NITI Aayog urged all 2W manufacturers to replace petrol vehicles below 150cc with electric vehicles by 2025. Moreover, it wants full electrification in the sector by 2030. Are you fucking kidding me? Electric Vehicles are expensive and such rapid change overs will reduce the volume and might slow India's economic growth as automotive sector contributes to 7.5% of India's GDP and employs 3.7 cr people. I understand that the intentions of the government i.e. to reduce oil imports and pollution are right. But, a hurried implementation can have horrible implications for the economy. 
    Guess what, nothing will happen. I know these deadlines are bogus. Politics in India is laughable. 
    Carbon_14goalkeeparmunna219777deepu
    In fact, a few years ago, Nitin Gadkari also threatened the auto manufacturers that he'll throw them out if they don't follow his EV policy. Within a few days, he backtracked on his statement saying that such a policy was not needed. 
    munna219777