Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10057 Points
    And we were told Rovers and Durand were what were holding back Indian football.
    munna219777ashindiagoalkeeparharitrams24
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Bring back ONGC and Air India in the I-League.
    BrainFallINDIAashindiagoalkeeparharitrams24
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Air India won't come. Set for privatization
    haritrams24
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Lets see. The agenda of this government is to privatise  every Public Sector Unit. On the other hand, Private entities like Jet Airways are closing down due to debt and losses.
    Unions are powerful, they will not let them destroy it so easily.
    AbhishekthebeautifulgamegoalkeeparashindiagopiajeeshEastBengalPrideathi_bheekaran
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29661 Points
    How prafool knows that 2cr budget clubs will fail in ISL? Lol 2cr clubs were threshing his 40 cr clubs in super cup 
    ashindiaDEFENCE123Deb_Banatuljgharitrams24deepu
  • ashindiaashindia 9309 Points
    edited July 2019
    When in the fuck will the season begin. Its already August now. Forget the fixtures, teams etc but atleast some tentative dates. 
    munna219777giridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30124 Points

Minerva Punjab announces merger with RoundGlass Sports

Minerva Punjab's 50-50 merger with RoundGlass Sports allows the firm access to the club's youth team players.

I-League club Minerva Punjab announced a 50-50 merger with RoundGlass Sports Private Limited on Tuesday.

The merger allows RoundGlass Sports access to Minerva Punjab's players from the under-11 to under-18 teams. The partnership will also see RoundGlass Sports expand Minerva Punjab's grassroots programme.

CLUB STATEMENT

View image on Twitter

While RoundGlass Sports will access to the youth teams, Minerva Punjab will continue to operate and manage the senior team.

Following the merger, Minerva Punjab owner Ranjit Bajaj said,"This is a match made in heaven. I could not be happier. I personally believe that RoundGlass Sports is a saviour for the future of Indian football. With this merger, our kids will have access to the globally recognised coaching staff and facilities."

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/minerva-punjab-indian-football-ileague-50-50-merger-roundglass-sports-ranjit-bajaj/article28763168.ece

DEFENCE123giridharanmunna219777Deb_Bankartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10057 Points
    #Flashback | 71 years ago on this day, India  played its first  official international football match after Independence - narrowly losing 2-1 to @equipedefrance  at the 1948 @Olympics in London 
    samashindiamunna219777

Football: He kicked off alright but Praful Patel now seems to be dismantling his own achievements

To make I-League a truly pan-India championship was by far the AIFF chief’s biggest success. Now, he is ready to leave it in complete shambles.

Sanjaya Baru was not exactly a household name in Indian journalism till his book The Accidental Prime Minister hit the stands. Many years later, while writing the history of All India Football Federation, an aspiring journalist may plagiarise the name to an extent and describe Praful Patel the accidental president.

That won’t be completely fair. Though, the circumstances Patel became the AIFF president in 2008 was somewhat unexpected. He was hardly active in Indian football, but when then president Priyaranjan Dasmunsi fell ill all of a sudden in October 2008, Patel, being the senior vice president, ascended to the chair seamlessly.

But insiders know that Patel came to AIFF’s rescue even before. In 2000, when a group of businessmen, led by now fugitive Vijay Mallya, formed Indian Premier Football Association and tried to hijack the game, Patel did a brilliant job. Along with Dasmunsi, he negotiated hard with powerful “rebels” for several days to thrash out an acceptable solution and restore AIFF’s supremacy.

Much water has flown under the bridge since then. Once elected the AIFF president, Patel has personally risen through the football ranks at an amazing pace. Certainly much faster than the Indian team’s rise in the Fifa rankings. From a rather obscure AIFF vice-president, he is now the first Indian member of the Fifa council.

Some of Patel’s upward mobility at the international level has helped India. Most of it hasn’t. In Patel’s tenure as AIFF boss, which will end in December 2020, Indian football has witnessed some good performances from the national team, steady spread of age-group football and increase in activities for the junior and women’s game.

On the other hand, the sheer lack of activities in the men’s senior domestic circuit has reached an alarming level. As one senior footballer, who does not wish to be named for obvious reasons, puts it: “When I started my career in 2006, I played more than 120 matches in the first three seasons. Now a footballer plays maximum of 25 matches in a season. He plays for six months and sits home for the rest of the season. In this manner, Indian football will never progress.”

............................................................................................................................................................................................

No one knows the hidden cause behind Patel’s policy of appeasement towards AIFF’s marketing partners. Is he being ill-advised, or AIFF has reasons to choose the dishonour?

A long time ago, a 42-year-old young Member of Parliament fought gallantly till the wee hours in the capital to rescue Indian football from the clutches of a bunch of corporate kings. Today, the same person is ready to hand over the game to a group of people who have absolute faith in money, not sporting merit.

Under Praful Patel, Indian football has truly changed.

https://scroll.in/field/932352/he-kicked-off-alright-but-praful-patel-now-seems-to-be-dismantling-his-own-achievements

Deb_Bangiridharan