Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29678 Points

"RoundGlass is a venture capital firm that seeks to invest in the digital healthcare and wellness sectors. It was founded in 2014 by Gurpreet 'Sunny' Singh. He is also the CEO of Edifecs, a company providing integrated solutions for the healthcare ecosystem. He has also established SabTera, which works with under-resourced communities to provide schooling for children and sustainable employment for women.

They are currently working in 90 villages in Punjab and have implemented several initiatives including building football academies, installing solar panels, and establishing proper waste management mechanisms. 

In their football academies, boys and girls between the age group of 6 to 14 hone their skills across Chandigarh, Mohali and Panchkula.

In the event the AIFF gives Minerva the green light to carry out the sale, it remains to be seen whether the new ownership continues the fight Mr. Bajaj has led against the Indian FA over the issue of making ISL the de facto top league of the country.

In the last week, Bajaj has sent letters to the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and FIFA over the same, seeking intervention from the two bodies.

Mr. Singh, founder of RoundGlass, remained unavailable for comment when Goal reached out to him. However, it is reliably learnt that RoundGlass are not inclined to fighting the AIFF over this issue."

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-foreign-player-quota-afc-india-football-asian-leagues/z9lv70k3cfuk1q6ai4wx8ilt2

munna219777indian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29678 Points

How many foreign players are allowed in top Asian leagues as compared to India?

India's World Cup qualifiers opponents, Qatar and Oman's leagues have a mandatory slot for an Asian player much like the ACL and the AFC Cup...

In the Indian domestic club football structure, two leagues run parallely - the Indian Super League (ISL) and the I-League. Winners of both the leagues get a place in the continental competitions administered by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).

The player regulations in both the ISL and the I-League are pretty similar. For the upcoming 2019-20 season, an ISL club can register a minimum of six foreigners and an optional seventh in their squads. I-League clubs can have a maximum of six but both leagues allow only five foreigners on the pitch at any given time during a game.

In contrast to regulations of the continental competitions, both the Indian leagues allow clubs to field more foreigners. Clubs participating in the ACL and the AFC Cup are allowed to field and register only four foreigners out of which one should be from an AFC member nation - the 3+1 rule. Until 2016-17, the I-League had the same rule in place.

In the AFC Club Competitions ranking, India are placed 14th. Goal takes a look at the foreign player regulations in the top thirteen national club leagues of Asia including Malaysia (16th), who have a direct group stage slot in the ACL, unlike India; and Oman, whose national team India faces along with Qatar in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-foreign-player-quota-afc-india-football-asian-leagues/z9lv70k3cfuk1q6ai4wx8ilt2

giridharanEastBengalPride
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited July 2019
    https://www.the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=9831&fbclid=IwAR3dOF4UE8GvmrCzHVZyv98d7INRkRurZD76n4GaEoWa2-_pCWa7iBhT7rk

NEW DELHI: There are some media reports of a communication between FIFA and AIFF regarding the issues of Hero I-League and potentially a unified Indian Football League where a report of a consultation paper of FIFA and AFC in 2018 is being mentioned.

In the recent days, the AIFF President Mr. Praful Patel in his meeting with the Hero I-League clubs as well as in several recent interviews has broadly taken the same line as was suggested in the above-mentioned report.

Needless to mention that this is precisely the reason that a two-three-year window is required to resolve all contentious issues amicably with all stakeholders.

The question of Hero Indian Super League not remaining a closed league permanently has been clarified amply enough by the AIFF President, and promotion and relegation eventually would lead to the development of club football in India.

The AIFF is committed to engaging with AFC and FIFA as well as all other stakeholders for finding an early resolution to these issues.

munna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited July 2019
    Either AIFF FSDL are forced to on the backfoot, or this is just a hogwash to keep the stakeholders on blindside
  • souravindiasouravindia 3600 Points
    Someone posted on fb fifa sent letter to aiff asking for update on the plan thay had provided to aiff in 2018. Could be a response based on the same
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Someone post fifa letter
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Basically the letter says fuck off, we don't want to do any work, do whatever you want AIFF
    Passiarunskumar
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3692 Points
    The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has been asked to provide an update by FIFA, the world's governing body of the sport, on the future roadmap for Indian football.

External expertise from FIFA and the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) helped the AIFF in 2018, in preparing a detailed report to implement a widely-supported strategy for the Indian FA going forward.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/indian-football-fifa-letter-aiff-update-roadmap-i-league-isl/1f6r5tib9a4ch1g6c70pluyvcd
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    As I have said before, this will go to the courts. 
    deepu