Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30141 Points
    http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/football/2019/sep/07/punjab-and-haryana-hc-sets-aside-three-year-ban-on-minerva-punjab-2030348.html

Punjab and Haryana HC sets aside three-year ban on Minerva Punjab

The Punjab and Haryana High Court has set aside a three-year ban on Minerva Punjab FC, which it had imposed last year on the defending I-League champions for fielding overage players in the 16th All-India Administrator's U-17 Challenge Cup final against Chandigarh Football Club (CFA).

However, in its order dated September 4, Justice Tejinder Singh Dhindsa stated that the "counsel for the respondents on a pointed query has conceded that prior to passing of the impugned order the rules of natural justice had not been adhered to in as much as no notice had been issued to the petitioners and thereby having denied to them the opportunity of placing reliance on documents to demonstrate that the player in question had been born on or after 1.1.2002."

"On such short ground alone the impugned order cannot sustain. Suffice it to observe that it would be open for the respondents Chandigarh Administration, Sports Department to have a re-look in the matter and to take recourse in accordance with law."

Following the ban imposed in December 2018, the club was restricted from participating in the Administrator's Cup for the next three years.

Minerva Punjab's Founding Director Ranjit Bajaj has welcomed the High Court verdict and said the order has come as a "huge relief and vindication" for them.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30141 Points

Exclusive: Slovakian third division side MFK Lokomotiva Zvolen sign Indian youngster Vinay Singh

The 20-year-old was a part of ARA FC's 2nd Division I-League campaign in the 2018-19 season.

Hailing from Gurgaon, 20-year-old centre-back Vinay Singh, has signed a one-year contract with Slovakian third division side VFK Lokomotiva Zvolen, Khel Now can exclusively reveal. The youngster played for ARA FC in the 2nd Division I-League last season.

Apart from playing in the 2nd Division I-League, the starlet has prior experience of playing for Madhya Bharat SC and ATK B team.

Singh, who was the vice-captain of the team ahead of many experienced players at the tender age of 19 years, took plaudits for his display in the league last season. ARA head coach, Vivek Nagul Kumar described him as a “warrior at the back” for his defensive qualities.

Khel Now caught up with the young player in an exclusive chat where he spoke about the quality of the Slovakian league by saying, “The league here is very tough as compared to the I-League 2nd Division in India. The players here are very strong and tough in all footballing aspects."

He went on to add, “I’ve played the full 90 minutes in a friendly last weekend which was a good experience, but it was a lot of work to match these players. I know I’ll make it through, I just need to be focused and determined about improving.”

“A sports agency from India helped me in my move here, initially through a 15-day trial. I worked very hard in trials and then the club decided to offer me a contract for a year,” he explained.

The Slovakian third division has 16 teams playing in each of the four zonal groups. The Zvolen-based side are currently placed third in the Central Zone, having won four games out of a possible six.

Vinay then spoke about the difficulties of settling in Slovakia as he quipped, “At first it was really hard to accept all these things, as they don’t speak English and communication is the biggest problem here, but I’m settling down. It’s been a month now and I think I might start the game next weekend.”

“The players are so advanced compared to us, but we are growing really fast in football. We started putting our focus on youth since past couple of years and I would personally suggest that if you get an opportunity to play abroad, just go out and learn and come back as a better player and teach what you’ve learnt abroad, “Singh asserted.

He also expressed his wish to play for the country one day and said, “Any player has a prior dream to play for his country and I am no exception. My only dream is to play in that blue jersey and sing the national anthem in the middle of the field between thousands of people,” he concluded.

https://khelnow.com/news/article/indian-youngster-vinay-singh-sign-slovakia-third-division-mfk-lokomotiva-zvolen

Passiarunskumar148Carbon_14deepuRonnykartik91
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Gourav banned lifted, coaches and federation should have got the same punishment as of him.

By the way New age registered with AIFF is 20th March 1998

thebeautifulgamedev_pfcNagendra[Deleted User]ashindiaCarbon_14kartik91
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points

Banned for Age Fraud, Gaurav Mukhi Cleared by AIFF Ahead of New Season

Gaurav Mukhi, who while playing for Indian Super League (ISL) side Jamshedpur FC was banned for six months for age-fraud, has been cleared to take the field after the footballer provided the All Indian Football Federation (AIFF) with his correct birth certificate.

The AIFF Disciplinary Committee had sanctioned him in November last year but upon submission of correct documents, the ban was lifted according to a source in the know of the developments.

He was banned for age fraud, but he is clear to play after he submitted original documents to the AIFF. The federation had banned him for 6 months and had asked him to submit correct documents for (central registration system) CRS. He accepted the verdict and on completion of the ban, AIFF looked at his original documents and gave him clearance to participate in official events," the source told IANS.

Mukhi scored a goal against Bengaluru FC on October 7 last year and went on to be named as the 'Indian Super League's youngest-ever goal-scorer'. But it then came to light that the 16-year-old was over age.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/football/banned-for-age-fraud-gaurav-mukhi-cleared-by-aiff-ahead-of-new-season-2302577.html

giridharanSOCCER4kl
  • samsam 16512 Points
    I hope some club will sign this poor lad
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    I have to ask one thing: was he banned because he faked his age at the junior level? Or because he committed age-fraud in ISL? Is being overage in ISL really a crime? (IDK if U23 rule applies for ISL)
  • Well that's good for him..hope he gets a chance to play for some club or the other and prove himself again!!This way maybe we can get a forward who we have been looking for sometime now after Chetri.
  • ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    He will play for Jamshedpur FC. But will join the reserve squad. 
    giridharanindianfootykartik91