Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Hassan there is no publicity or advertisement  for fateh games so crowd is less  i am expecting for isl it would ve around 4000 to 8000  if they make proper publicity and advertisement  .
    munna219777
  • samsam 16512 Points
    Byju, son of Gokulam Gopalan got arrested in UAE for financial fraudulent case
    EastBengalPridegiridharanindianfooty
  • athi_bheekaranathi_bheekaran Some where in Singularity1100 Points
    Sorry that canda was a draft saved, which got posted unintentionally. Admin can delete both this and that posts.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30141 Points

ISL 2019-20: Increase in clubs opting to have pre-season in India

NorthEast United FC and Pune City FC were the only two clubs that had their pre-season entirely in India last season ...

A look at the trends in the choice of location of pre-season fixtures of Indian Super League (ISL) teams reveals an interesting find.

It seems that more and more teams are opting to polish their squad and finish their final lap of pre-season preparations in India as opposed to overseas locations like most clubs did in the previous seasons.

Eventual champions Bengaluru FC flew to Spain for their 2018/19 pre-season, testing their abilities against top guns like Barcelona B and Villarreal B. Teams like Jamshedpur FC, ATK and current SuperCup winners FC Goa too decided in favour of visiting the home of 2010 World Cup champions as part of their pre-season preparations.
    Kerala Blasters began their tour at home against Girona and Melbourne City but later flew to Thailand.

In fact, NorthEast United FC and Pune City FC were the only two teams whose pre-season games were held only in India.

However, ahead of the 2019-20 season, seven of the 10 ISL clubs will be carrying out their pre-season preparation in India. Only, Kerala Blasters, Delhi Dynamos and NorthEast United are expected to travel overseas.

Kerala Blasters are set to back their bags to Sharjah (United Arab Emirates) to train ahead of the new season. NorthEast United will also fly to the UAE for pre-season while Delhi Dynamos are alerady in Spain and will go to Qatar for a short stint as well.

Every other team, including defending champions Bengaluru FC are set to stay put in India and prepare for the 2019/20 season. This could be attributed to various factors such as the need to adapt to the weather, playing conditions, and budget constraints.

https://www.goal.com/en-in/news/isl-2019-20-clubs-preferring-india-pre-season-location-not/avgc07c8if3118ej4hiuiwje7

AIFF Technical Director, I-league CEO impressed with facilities in Jamshedpur

Isac Doru, Technical Director, All India Football Federation (AIFF) and Sunando Dhar, CEO, I-League visited Jamshedpur and took stock of the facilities provided for Jamshedpur FC first team and its youth teams.

The duo was impressed with the football facilities being provided by Tata Steel in Jamshedpur.

The day started with a tour to Tata Football Academy (TFA) where Isac interacted with the Jamshedpur FC Youth Team cadets and was taken around the top notch training facilities provided. Next, Isac was given a tour of the Jamshedpur FC First Team Training and Accommodation Complex.

In the afternoon, Sunando joined Isac and went around the facilities at the JRD Tata Sports Complex – the competition area, High Performance Center.

Later, they visited one of the TSRDS – Jamshedpur FC Grassroots Centers on the outskirts of Jamshedpur in village Gorgora where they observed kids between the ages of 4 to 12 years being trained in sync with the club’s Grassroots programme. They had a small interaction with Chanakya Chaudhary, Chairman, Jamshedpur FC at the Tata Steel General Office.

Mukul Choudhari, CEO, Jamshedpur FC said, “We intend to work closely with the AIFF on Grassroots & Youth Development in synchronization with their programmes.

We are enthusiastic about hosting the AIFF youth leagues and baby leagues in the city and it was great to see Isac and Sunando appreciate the facilities and the programmes being run by us. It’s a big boost and shows that we are headed in the right direction in football development in the city.”

SiV
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7356 Points
    edited August 2019
    India is the ideal place to have preseason for Indian clubs . For  KBFC Gulf region is a very good option because of the large Malayali population.
    indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29673 Points
    All clubs are in massive losses thats why pre season in india 
    Deb_Banmunna219777deepu
  • ashindiaashindia 9320 Points
    Why is Sunando Dhar CEO of I-League inspecting JFC of ISL ?

goalkeeparDeb_Banatuljgharitrams24Ronnygiridharanmunna219777indian_gooner

Risk pays off as Gokulam Kerala FC's Head of Operations Unni Paravannur scores big

Spend some time interacting with Unni Paravannur and any scepticism or self-doubt one has about pursuing one’s dream vanishes

Anyone who follows Indian football will tell you that trading a  well-paid IT job in Bengaluru for the Calicut weather and the corridors of a stadium that offers no such privileges could be suicidal - but that is what Unni did.

After all, football is on the fringes of India’s sporting eco-system and it doesn’t hold the same allure or opportunities that a popular and cash-rich sport like cricket provides. But last Sunday, when I-League club Gokulam Kerala FC became only the second club from Kerala to lift the prestigious, and the oldest Cup competition in Asia - the Durand Cup - it was all worth it for this 37-year-old, who joined the club as its Operations Head last year.

It was after 22 years that a team from Kerala won the Durand Cup after the erstwhile FC Kochin - which had the likes of IM Vijayan and Jo Paul Ancheri - won it in 1997.

“When I was in I think 8th standard, Kerala football was at its peak. At that time, I used to follow the sport a lot. We had star players like Sathyan and Vijayan and Pappachan. After this peak phase, there was a dormant phase as we did not have any good players coming through,” Unni said. 

This dormant phase in Kerala football coincided with Unni completing his engineering and getting a job in the IT industry. But his love for Indian football kept manifesting itself in different ways. Unni went onto start a Twitter handle called football news India and later did it on Facebook with great success. “At that time (around 2008), there was hardly any interest in Indian football. At the start of ISL, there were very few pages and mine and my handles started getting a lot of traction,” he said.

He maintained this ‘hobby’ alongside his work until Gokulam FC offered him the job of Operations Head at the club in 2018. Knowing that it was a new club which was established only in 2017, there were big risks involved. “I was in two minds because I was having a set job. But, my wife pushed me to pursue my dream. Then, I thought that maybe I should try this out,” he said. 

Since taking up the job after 12 years in the IT industry which saw him work at companies like IBM and Lenovo, Unni has been constantly on the move. As the Operations Head, he has to make sure that the stadium is fully ready ahead of a match, take care of the AFC club licensing, draw up contracts for players, work as a liaison officer, arrange accommodation for the players, get accreditations done etc.

There are big sacrifices involved. Unni has to live apart from his wife who works in Bengaluru, he doesn’t have the same lucrative monetary comforts to fall back on and he works in an industry which is full of glorious uncertainties. 

But it is nights like the ones at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata where Gokulam beat the mighty Mohun Bagan to win the trophy that makes it all worth it.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/football/2019/aug/29/risk-pays-off-as-gokulam-kerala-fcs-head-of-operations-unni-paravannur-scores-big-2025748.html

Deb_BangopiajeeshashindiaSamyajitmunna219777[Deleted User]SOCCER4klgoalkeepararunskumar148giridharanand 4 others.