Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• samsam 16526 Points
    Bihar set to get its first-ever Football league known as "Bihar Premier league". League is set to start later this year, most probably by November end.
    League will have 8-10 teams from different districts of Bihar and teams will play on home and Away basis.
    giridharankartik91NagendraCarbon_14Deb_Banindian_goonertrojanSiVashindiasparta
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    Sirsh Bihar FC are conformed for 2nd division, they will play from moin-ul-hauque stadium Patna, they have 3 foreigners also and they will also filed a team in IWL this season 
    DEFENCE123munna219777NagendraCarbon_14Deb_Banindian_goonertrojankartik91giridharandeepu
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Moin ul Haque stadium is basically a cricket stadium leased by Bihar Cricket Association.  Ranji Trophy plate group matches would be played there. We might see football being played with cricket pitch in the centre.
    indian_gooner
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Image may contain 14 people people smiling textPresenting you all the 14-member Indian contingent (six-a-side) for the upcoming International Socca Federation (ISF) World Cup in Crete, Greece that is scheduled to start in just a week's time. Show some support for the Men in Blue as they are all set to embark on this historic journey.
    ashindiaindianfootyNagendrakartik91gaffertapegiridharandeepuindian_gooner
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I don't know if this fits here but since 6th October is the second anniversary of u17 world cup 2017 and India's first match in a WC, I just found in facebook memories something I wrote before the start of Indian campaign. Freakishly some of the things i analyzed came true. Here it goes -
    "Expecting unrealistic​ feats from tge indian u17 football team in the world cup would be a folly and would end up pressurising the colts and leaving us disappointed. Far from thinking of India clearing the group stage, it would be an achievement if they can atleast snatch one draw against the likes of U.S.A, Columbia and Ghana. And i am not being pessimistic but realistic. Having seen this team play in tournaments last year and this year as well, 2 glaring flaws are immediately evident - This team relies on a single style of play: midfield passes to wingers who run up and cross the ball in tge box for the strikers. Although this is a good strategy but they have no alternative style of attacking. These guys do not/unable to play through the centre of the pitch and also cannot play tge intricate short passing play. They just have a unilateral style which will be caught on by the opposition quite easily. 
    Secondly this team do not possess good midfielders who have the vision to pick out that through pass. Many a times the defenders sinply bypass the central midfield and straight away thump a long ball to the wingers and leave the attacking to them alone. Neither is there a great sense of positioning among tge players as to be aware of each others' movement and position. Our players have individual skill set but that total team play and understanding each other is missing during a game.
    So although i do not expect great things from this team (though i would welcone a surprise or two), the world cup would be great exposure for our players and maybe help tgem in improving their game and indian football as well. Best of luck guys!! #BackTheBlues"
    ashindianamewtheldAbhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    @EastBengalPride; Very balanced and informative article
    gaffertape
  • samsam 16526 Points
    Image may contain 12 people people smiling outdoorIndia finish fifth at the 2019 IBSA Blind Football Asian Championships after 2-0 victory over Malaysia. Shivam Negi scored twice for India.
    NagendraCarbon_14SiVgiridharanThe real AGindian_goonerkartik91
  • samsam 16526 Points

Diego Forlan Opines India Should Focus on Places That Already Have Football Culture for Development

Uruguayan legend Diego Forlan, who represented Mumbai City FC in the ISL, said grassroot development and good coaches are the way forward for Indian football.

https://www.news18.com/news/football/diego-forlan-opines-india-should-focus-on-places-that-already-have-football-culture-for-development-2337135.html
    giridharanDeb_BansouravindiaEastBengalPridedeepuindian_goonerkartik91