Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    Churchill will invest if they have a chance to play isl 
    Carbon_14deepak dedha
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    With chance of Promotion to ISL on the line, can expect better preparation by I-League sides from next season. Only wish is that AIFF brings back the home and away format and has weekend matches like the old times. 
    thebeautifulgamegoalkeepargiridharanCarbon_14indian_goonerkartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    yes Home and Away format is necessary

Clubs need ticket revenue and AIFF cannot afford Lodging and Boarding charges with biobubble for so many people. Game is popularised only if it is played acrss the nation.
    goalkeepargiridharanindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    edited May 2022
    Churchill could barely get 2-3K at Vasco for ileague matches, dont blabber, I have been there multiple times myself pre-covid since they made a come back to ileague. Goan market isnt big enough for two clubs at national level and Churchill have nothing going for them.

MSC may have a secure investor and a huge fan base but a very financially backward fan base. They had to give free tickets to get 37K people in YBK today, dont expect any revenue from merchandise sales also. In modern India, no actual corporate would associate themselves with a Muslim club, if they do, there will be consequences. 

Only Gokulam seems to have some sort of stability, game plan and a vision. They are perfectly poised to make the jump and ideally it should have happened in 2022-23 season. They have the momentum. 
    goalkeeparkartik91
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Asian Games which China was supposed to host in the month of September this year has been postponed indefinitely citing the reason that China battles the resurgence of Covid cases. This should be read in line with the news of  China withdrawn from hosting rights of AFC Asian football championships that are going to be held in 2023 🤔  I feel something fishy 🙄 possibly a Chinese  attack on Taiwan may be ???
    Carbon_14munna219777EastBengalPrideindian_goonergiridharankartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Asia is different then Europe.

In Europe Russia was removed from various sporting events even before Ukraine war.

In Asia wars are common yet sporting ties continue. Palestine Saudi Yemen Iran Iraq all play on

I dont think any country wants to impose sanctions against China for attack on Taiwan.
    Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9967 Points