Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    FIFA will read it and decide 

Carbon_14
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Best way for Government of India is to derecognize AIFF and all its affiliated units. Pass ordinance to seize all funds, tangible and intangible properties belonging to AIFF and ask FSDL to run football in the country. We anyways wont play World Cup etc, why do we need FIFA?
    goalkeepargiridharanmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29676 Points
    No, you are not!!

I had read it today and was about to post it in the evening...

However let's see whether the Supreme Court approves of it or whether it suggests any changes, or whether it has anything to comment on the ISL (as this report points out)
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29676 Points
    edited May 2022

I-league, not ISL, is India's top football competition - AIFF draft constitution

It remains to be seen if the Supreme Court approves the CoA's proposed constitution

Replacing the Indian Super League, the I-League could regain its status as the country's top-tier football competition, as per the draft constitution formulated by the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA).

If the draft constitution for the All India Football Federation (AIFF), which CoA members -- former chief election commissioner S Y Qureshi and ex-India captain Bhaskar Ganguly -- had submitted to the SC in January 2020 and made public now, is any evidence, the franchise-based ISL is set to lose its prominence.

Point 33 of Article 1 of the draft states, "I-League is the seniormost top division league competition in India owned, operated and recognised by the AIFF."

Point 58 of Article 1 states, "Seniormost top division league shall mean the league competition owned, operated and recognised by the AIFF, that implements the principles of promotion and relegation, and meets all requirements prescribed by the AFC for being eligible to obtain a direct slot in the Asian Champions League.

While the CoA recommendations are likely to face opposition from various quarters, it remains to be seen if the Supreme Court approves the panel's proposed constitution.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/football/draft-constitution-recognises-i-league-as-indias-top-football-competition-not-isl/article38499619.ece

munna219777indian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29263 Points
    Truth Prevails, suprime court has declared  I league top division of india after reading my comments on IFN. 
    munna219777giridharanindian_goonergaffertapedeepu
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    Lol just imagine Gokulam vs Al Shabab - it's easy 20-0 win for Shabab. Anyway, AIFF and FSDL have too many tricks up their sleeve and will go to any depth to prevent I-Leaue from growing unfortunately. Calling it now, I-League winners next season will be denied promotion because of "financial criteria"
    munna219777giridharanindian_goonergoalkeepardeepak dedhagaffertapedeepuPassikartik91
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    @DEFENCE123 Actually it will be something on the line of "failing to meet licencing criteria"
    munna219777
  • souravindiasouravindia 3600 Points
    Lol, instead of going ahead and implementing progressive steps, we always since the inception of national league keep on fighting to recognise a properb setup 5-10 years down the line and again break away from what was starting to look like some baby steps being made. Instead of going back to ileague, we should be more interested in promoting teams from ileague to isl, having promotion/demotion. How many ileague temas currently is sustainable in long run? Name doesn't matter, what matters is clubs and proper clubs should have representation in top league. Marketing is one aspect which ileague failed and isl sustained and is the face of indian football at current. Makes no sense to go back, instead we should be eliminating the bad parts of it quickly. But this is India, emotions hold more dear than practical sense.
    indian_goonergiridharangoalkeeparmunna219777Passi