Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3658 Points
    How is it that everyone else improves but not us. Whatever little we are doing for youth, these teams are getting far less. Is it the mentality? (Apart from genes pl)
    goalkeepar
  • souravindiasouravindia 3658 Points
    Also it looks like somehow we are not adept at either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. We have failed completely across all age years with this. What do you guys thnk
  • ashindiaashindia 9315 Points
    India U17 1 - 3 Indonesia U17 
    Having watched Both U20 and U17 in the span of few days , I think we can safely say that we won't move an inch from where we are right now in the coming years.  Hopefully some kids will pop up here and there from their ISL clubs.  That's the only way . 
    Also Ishfaq Ahmed seems to have successfully emulated his mentor's tactical acumen . 
    #KickTheBallToTheStrikersChestandWilltakeItFromthere was a delight to watch 🥲
    Why are you watching these games and breaking your head. Clearly few months back I told Indian football is waste of time. There is nothing that's going to improve for next few good years. 

If you think keeping some camp 1 month before a tournament, with quota coach and overage players will improve Indian football then you are wrong. I was following Indian football in 2006 and guess what ? we used to do the same, atleast we used play more matches back then. We haven't improved anything with the system or coaching at youth level it's the same almost after 20 years 

Boycott ISL we don't need useless teams that spend 15-25 crores on player salaries but do nothing for youth teams, scouting and coaching.

AIFF president and his entire team is a big mess. They cannot be removed and even if they are, we will be back with equally incompetent officials in no time

goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAgiridharanDeb_Banindian_gooner
    How is it that everyone else improves but not us. Whatever little we are doing for youth, these teams are getting far less. Is it the mentality? (Apart from genes pl)
    Tell me one thing that we have improved in last 10-15 years ?? Just search articles from 2006-2007 you will still see same setup at youth level.

1)Camp before tournaments with same set of 30-40 players(not sure who the fuck scouts them).

2)No improvement in youth tournaments(don't tell me that Junior club league is even a league). No stabilized State, district, city, school competitions. We still depend on Subroto cup to date

3) Outdated coaching setup. The less said about this the better

4) Poor investment from clubs. They absolutely do nothing. Having a team just for the sake of it, doesn't count as youth development lol 

5) Scouting and selection is questionable. I Doubt if right players are even getting selected. Every insider in Indian football knows how recommendation/cut money agent players get selected because it hardly requires any effort 
    goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAgiridharanDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29672 Points
    Bandorkar cup
    Chennayin fc 4-1 Churchill brothers 
    Odisha fc 2-1 Jasticia u14 team 
    Nagendra
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6746 Points
    Bandorkar cup
    Chennayin fc 4-1 Churchill brothers 
    Odisha fc 2-1 Jasticia u14 team 
    common brother.. you expect Justicia FC to field their main XI in pre-season friendlies, that too after travelling for more than 30 hrs from Argentina to India.

Kudos to GFA for arranging the match on same day despite the set-backs for Argentina team ( rescheduled the start time due to delayed flight & bad weather, arranged kits for few of the players since luggage is lost/delayed for 2nd set of Justicia players including Jersey)
    giridharan
  • samsam 16512 Points
    I don't think it was their under 14 team 
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7340 Points
    edited August 26
    India U-20 knocked out of SAFF U-20 Cup after losing to Bangladesh on penalties lol 

Is there anything else left to be disappointed as Indian football fan?
    goalkeepargiridharanindian_gooner