Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3968 Points
    ashindia said:
    India U-20 knocked out of SAFF U-20 Cup after losing to Bangladesh on penalties lol 

Is there anything else left to be disappointed as Indian football fan?
    You are so right about everything you said. We are doing month camps and quota coaches. Nothing has changed and will ever change. 

We did not even train for games citing pitch conditions during rain which I can understand. But other teams stayed back trained. Our team did stretches and went home citing rain. Idk who this guy Ranjan is but I already hate the mentality he has instilled. We deserve to lose even based on the first game we played. No signs of domination at all. In 2006-2007 we can see our sides dominating the other SAFF nations in U-20 level. 

I don't think genes are holding us back it is our mentality. We are a bunch of sussies with the mentality either it is football or something else. We don't have kids growing up with mentality FOOTBALL or nothing like in other places in the world.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3658 Points
    I saw the game. Even though against a staff team, second half was brilliant. Senior teams bane at junior level as well , we were unable to score open chances otherwise should have been a rout. Result sucks and is disappointing but these guys are good in terms of ball control.  Not sure what will make them click but lets arrange for their progress and give them time. On the contrary to everyone, I think this Coach has done good in terms of game play. I saw through passes in second half, which for past 10-15 years, post Basudev mondol era, have not seen from any Indian team( including Bibianos). A few of these guys might turn out to be proper professionals and that's the hope
    gaffertapedeepak dedhagopiajeesh
  • ashindiaashindia 9315 Points
    I saw the game. Even though against a staff team, second half was brilliant. Senior teams bane at junior level as well , we were unable to score open chances otherwise should have been a rout. Result sucks and is disappointing but these guys are good in terms of ball control.  Not sure what will make them click but lets arrange for their progress and give them time. On the contrary to everyone, I think this Coach has done good in terms of game play. I saw through passes in second half, which for past 10-15 years, post Basudev mondol era, have not seen from any Indian team( including Bibianos). A few of these guys might turn out to be proper professionals and that's the hope
    Are they good enough to beat South East Asian teams or West Asian ?? 

Two days ago Afghanistan were able to beat Uzbekistan and win U-17 CAFA championship, can we do anything close to that ? 
    giridharan
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7340 Points
    No amount of excuse should be able to justify this defeat . This is outright embarrassing  . 
    giridharan
    Can't belive that things were a bit more better under the Dancemaster Praful patel and a drunk Kushal Das . 
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6746 Points
    Things sorted-out , finally some good news for Hyd fans and Hyderabad FC is set to play in ISL this season.  Their first match is away game against BFC on Sep 19th.  
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10059 Points
    Under changed owners?
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6746 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Under changed owners?
    Yes brother.  B.C Jindal group.  They have agreed to clear last season due (2023-24).  But right now, there is no information on earlier season dues (2022-23), I'm suspecting,  it is with previous ownership. 
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3968 Points
    You are just mentioning the problem we are unable to score any open chances. I am not sure if you can say it is brilliant if they play a through pass. They get all the time in the world when the opposition was crap. None of these players will exhibit the ball control or vision in professional football. In the same brilliant second half they were haphazard for a lot of time. How do you think that rates a coach? He did not get the substitutions right(though we had red carded players). I personally want to see more of the coach but till then he is a quota coach. l 

A few will definitely become professionals as you said because we suck at producing great professionals. But they are not any better than the other SAFF countries. All our youth players are overpaid and are only good to dye the hair color and make money and stay in comfort zone. 

V.P. Singh is a classic example, Last season he scored a lot of goals so he got attention. I would no way as a coach would consider he has improved much as a professional player. There were glimpses of the old V.P from U-20 team but no improvement as to where he should be in 3 seasons of senior football. Trust me I see no motivation from a lot of players to improve from where they are. Coaches around the world chop and chop. 

Pep on team talks tells even expensive players like Grealish that if you are not performing please move to academy. They are waiting for you. Pressure is what motivates people to perform well. 

Here the coaches cannot pressure any Indian players, because who else will they replace them with? So players like Nikhil Kadam, Gaurav Bora and Souvik. I can list more than 50 players who should be chopped and moved to I-League 2. We just cannot replace them now. They know that. Teams inspite of signing intelligent foreign players still don't see the levels improve much. Because our Indian players are holding back the level. This batch will not solve this problem. Infact they will worsen it. They are worse than the previous batches based on the 2 games I saw!
    ashindiagaffertape
    FC Goa defeated Brisbane Roar 1-0 
    WTF ??!!
    giridharandeepak dedhaashindiaindian_gooner