Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    media ignoring indian football..that wt i say about new channel 4 football.am from kerala and no media give a detaild report of i league nd natnl team matches.no media report about kolkata derby.bt all gve report of useles india windies one daymatch.same hapn in tamlnad,andra,orisa,gujarath.maharashtra,north india etc.hw footbal popularizd
    You are not listening. No one is going to fund a channel or news show for Indian football. It will lose money and eventually be cut. I agree that TEN Action should be doing a much better job of promoting and marketing the I-League on their channel and that IMG-Reliance should be doing better in marketing Indian football overall but the answer is not as simple as having our own dedicated channel or news show.

At best we could try to really take advantage of the "new age TV" which is youtube and have the AIFF post videos on there. Highlights, pre- post- match shows, news shows. It would be free to upload and easy to produce.

That is the best or one of the options we can hope for... TV Channels or news shows just are not viable at the moment.
    Well if IMG Reliance is unable to market the Indian football, then instead of killing it, why not let DD Sports show it.
    Doordarshan is non-profit, similar to what PBS and C-Span in USA. Atleast those who want to see Indian Football can see it on DD Sports. Cricket became popular because of AIR and DD only in India. Private channels came only in 1992 onwards.
    DD sports is not a solution but if IMG Reliance says that in next 10 years Indian Football is not profitable, so instead of not showing any game, please keep the game alive by showing it on DD Sports. DD sports is government so it is non-profit.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ya but how would that increase the popularity of the game here? DD Sports is not exactly a popular sports channel (at least not one of the mainstream ones) and there production quality is really, really shit.

Really, if we moved to DD Sports I only see fan interest decreasing instead of going up.
  • If it moved to DD sports I would be very happy and who said its not a popular channel? I think many people watch DD channels than Ten Action, I am one of them who prefers DD than ten action.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    If it moved to DD sports I would be very happy and who said its not a popular channel? I think many people watch DD channels than Ten Action, I am one of them who prefers DD than ten action.
    Okay, fine, I was wrong there DD Sports is still up there but after seeing there production of football I would rather not see them at all. Hell, I just saw the stream for the channel and the whole channel looked crap. Production is whack, graphics are not modern, and the commercials... what was being sold?

Honestly, for all the hate that TEN Action + gets on this forum, I am actually going to say that I like them. They are not the best and I would expect A LOT more from them but they are, to me, a modern sports channel. Catering to a new, younger, open sport generation and that is what we need in Indian football. Our target market is young... probably less than 25 years old. I feel TEN Action helps us cater to them. Other than the production/graphics in I-League games I will comend them for good work.
  • no use of showing in dd sports....if they show at least 1 hour show about football on dd national some beneft their...i
  • @arsenalfan700
    Yes I agree that the production is whack, graphics are not modern, and the commercials but it surely does give that old flavor that takes it and me back to the late 90's. The same music or sound too.

Ok they are not modern but they atleast cover all major sporting events where India participates, olympics, commonwealth games, etc. My point is if other channels cannot cover India friendlies in India, why not give that rights to DD? Atleast it would get viewers attention in the villages, where more than 50% watch DD among those watching tv channels.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29289 Points
    I believe lasofonia games will be on DD
  • Surely they would show in DD and we can witness how good is Brandon.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29289 Points
    I am going to stadium to see brandon and co vs portugal,cap vard islands ,brazil and others
  • RonnyRonny 10472 Points
    can some one give details on what kind of teams Portugal etc bring to these games..are they club players or school boys/office goers/anyone who can kick etc?