Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• Ashlesh wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    somesh wrote:
    <h2>Soccer Training Camp in Assam by USFC for underprivileged </h2><div><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">Jorhat, Apr 28(ANI): A weeklong Advanced Soccer Coaching Camp, aimed at promoting football talent of the northeast, is underway at Jorhat.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">Though just 15 years of age, the boys are focused to play for the country.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">"I have been fond of playing football since my childhood. I wish to take the Indian team to the FIFA World Cup and win it," Raju Saha, a participant from Nagaon District of Assam said.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">Football is a passion for most young men in the region. Be it rural or urban areas, the youth here wants to emulate the likes of Baichung Bhutia and Sunil Chettri. Most of them, however, do not get the platform to harness their potential.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">The camp has some of the best trainers from the northeast like Jose Tavares, Tuireisem Khamrang and Kishore Taid from United Sikkim Football Academy and Baichung Bhutia Soccer School</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">"I think northeast part of India is the best in football. I have trained many students in Northeast, Delhi, and Mumbai. So India is not just cricket but you guys have lots of potential here," Jose Tavares, coach, United Sikkim Football Club, said.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">The camp, sponsored by the Small Tea Growers Association, Jorhat, provides an opportunity to the financially weak youth who want to pursue football as a career.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">The Assam government is supporting soccer players as more and more youth opt for it as a career. Recently the Chief Minister felicitated the sub junior football team that won the national level championship after a gap of 30 years.</p><p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; font-family: arial, verdana; font-size: 12px; text-align: -webkit-left; ">At the end of the camp, six top players will be chosen and trained free of cost at the United Sikkim Football Club.(ANI)</p></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>So the club is United Kolkata-Assam Sikkim FC. Makes perfect sense.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>what is <span style="font-size: 10pt; ">United Kolkata-Assa</span><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">m Sikkim FC ?? :O </span></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well really people on here say United Kolkata-Sikkim because it seems that United Sikkim is mainly a Kolkata because there unveiling was there, trials are there. Sponsor news is there. Only thing is that Sikkim play in Gangtok.</div><div><br></div><div>@Somesh dont worry, I am not serious. I am actually happy they are doing this. Its like with Shillong Lajong and how they opened the NPL.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    </span></div><div><br></div><div>So the club is United Kolkata-Assam Sikkim FC. Makes perfect sense.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Actually they are doing it to search for talents all over india and their final trail is gonna be held in sikkim ..</div><div>so it wont be fair to call this way..though i too thought wrong initially</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Moosa feels the raw attributes are there for India to shine on the world stage. "The knowledge of the kids surprised me. Thanks to the media they are aware of the top leagues, players. If the interest for the game is there, then no adverse conditions can tie you down. </span><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><br style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); "><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">"Look at my case for example. The whites had their own league where us Indians, the Coloureds and blacks couldn't play. But one team, Berea Park asked me to play for them under the alias of Arthur Williams. It was the NFL Cup semifinal against Rangers and I led Berea to a 3-1 win. That was the first time I was playing on grass - the field was as smooth as a snooker table! I had learnt to control the ball on bumpy surfaces, and so on grass, no one could touch me. Similar conditions exist in India at present with the playing surfaces and so on. But we can use that to our advantage and develop our ball control and skill," he says. </span><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;">%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%</span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;"><br></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;">This is what Essop Moosa, the South African legend of Apartheid era and top 10 players of South Africa of all time has to say. Its true. We keep complaining about infrastructure and all that thing, more so since Bob Houghton's era, but if we can generate the interest among the masses, those are all secondary things</span></font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    somesh wrote:
    <span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Moosa feels the raw attributes are there for India to shine on the world stage. "The knowledge of the kids surprised me. Thanks to the media they are aware of the top leagues, players. If t....................</span><span style="color: rgb(63, 63, 63); font-family: georgia; font-size: 15px; line-height: 20px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">conditions exist in India at present with the playing surfaces and so on. But we can use that to our advantage and develop our ball control and skill," he says. </span><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;">%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%</span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;"><br></span></font></div><div style="text-align: left; "><font color="#3f3f3f" face="georgia" size="3"><span style="line-height: 20px;">This is what Essop Moosa, the South African legend of Apartheid era and top 10 players of South Africa of all time has to say. Its true. We keep complaining about infrastructure and all that thing, more so since Bob Houghton's era, but if we can generate the interest among the masses, those are all secondary things</span></font></div>

<br><br>Well all of us football fans know there is such immense talent in India..its lile water wtaer everywhere not a drop to drink!!..gosh how i hope v start achieving success our goal of youth devlopment and quality infrastrucure sooner ( much sooner then later!!<br>
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    <div><h1 style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; font-size: 2.5em; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">Club football in tatters</h1></div><a href="http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/football/club-football-tatters-946">http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/sport/football/club-football-tatters-946</a>;
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    edited May 2012
    <b>Samir naik retires from international football!!!</b>
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    shankar wrote:
    <b>Samir naik retires from international football!!!</b>
    bye bye sam
  • debjit1925debjit1925 0 Points
    Samir was good but right decision taken at the right time...
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    Was he really?
    I don't know. May be my thought process is very negative.
    @debjit
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Samir was good when he was younger. But he says 'AIFF WILL ANNOUNCE TEAM IN 2-3 DAYS'
    For what?