Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Thats good then.<div>Another thing @projenator correct me if I am wrong. There is a huge gap between the athletic tracks and the stands in YBK as far as I remember, if we can build the stands extending closer to that, it would help the spectators. When I went for the derby when FIFA prez was there, they had installed a giant screen in the stadium. Ridiculous it is, but I watched most of the match on that screen!</div>
  • projenatorprojenator 26 Points
    somesh wrote:
    Thats good then.<div>Another thing @projenator correct me if I am wrong. There is a huge gap between the athletic tracks and the stands in YBK as far as I remember, if we can build the stands extending closer to that, it would help the spectators. When I went for the derby when FIFA prez was there, they had installed a giant screen in the stadium. Ridiculous it is, but I watched most of the match on that screen!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>You are absolutely correct, to be honest, if you want to watch the game in all its nitty gritty technical details like I do, at home or office in the comfort of your couch/swivel chair in front of one of those 42" is your best bet unless you can get tickets to the VVIP box. If you want to soak in all the highly charged emotional drama and don't care a hoot about the technicalities of the game, you rather go to the stadium. </div><div><br></div><div>I completely agree with the idea of having home games at MB ground on maidan right across Eden Gardens, unless off course it's the Calcutta derby.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I am being naive here!!! But is it confirmed that MB is going to play their I-league home matches at MB ground (except derby)?? <div><br></div><div>They ground is lush green (the best in India) and the quality of football would improve. Also, compare to YBK, the overall temperature is around 3-4 degress less (YBK is fully surrounded and astro turf makes it even hotter for footballer). I know, MB fill have less people watching the match but with stadium being small and with proper entry points they can earn more money than YBK. </div>
  • dip_anjdip_anj 137 Points
    somesh wrote:

At present there are no screens in YBK.The best place to watch games are VIP Middle and just opposite to that which is gate no 3,4.There is no way we can build the stands closer which effectively means to discard the athletic track.<br>@Projenator Even last season Mr Mitra has promised something like that when we used to have i league matches at 1.45 Pm in the afternoon.So you never know until it is done.I stay just opposite to YBK and i am not able to see any testing going on with the floodlights.Actually they are planning to replace the bulbs which glows quickly after a power failure<br>
    reddevil87 wrote:
    I am being naive here!!! But is it confirmed that MB is going to play their I-league home matches at MB ground (except derby)?? <div><br></div><div>They ground is lush green (the best in India) and the quality of football would improve. Also, compare to YBK, the overall temperature is around 3-4 degress less (YBK is fully surrounded and astro turf makes it even hotter for footballer). I know, MB fill have less people watching the match but with stadium being small and with proper entry points they can earn more money than YBK. </div>
    MB officials are trying from last season to get I league matches in home ground instead of YBK.Lloodlights are in full swing and ground condition is good.But it was not as good as it was 2 years ago.The bounce is uneven at places but that can be managed.<br>
    @dipanjan i know there is no giant screen. It was installed specially for Blatter that day. Also i am talking about the huge gap between stands and athletic track. If we can bring the stands closer to athletic track, it would be good
    MB hav gooten 1 crore grant from state govt a few months back. I hope they use that instead of pocketing it. Some of the EBRP guys say dat Kolkata players do nt get the full signing amnt as officials get some cut
    somesh wrote:
    @dipanjan i know there is no giant screen. It was installed specially for Blatter that day. Also i am talking about the huge gap between stands and athletic track. If we can bring the stands closer to athletic track, it would be good
    Stadium authorities kept that gap intentionally for security reasons.If that gap was not there people will hurl objects towards players at ease which happens frequently @ Eden garden.This is why AIFF is not too keen on playing games at Barasat.<br>
    somesh wrote:
    MB hav gooten 1 crore grant from state govt a few months back. I hope they use that instead of pocketing it. Some of the EBRP guys say dat Kolkata players do nt get the full signing amnt as officials get some cut
    MB,EB and MDS  all three of them got 1 cr grant.MB has used the money for Floodlight and gallery renovations.Cut money concept is very famous(infamous) in Kolkata football.This is mostly applicable while recruiting foreigners.<br>
    Thats a ridiculous way to do it. You can hav wire nets all around like they hav in Ckt stadia and have a checkpoint to stop hurlable objects. Otherwise why keep the stands if ppl cant enjoy the game?