Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    edited March 2014
    600 pionts is needed and india has 526-527 points...means little over 70....and AIFF has strictly indicated that club failing to fulfil AFC licence criteria will not be exempted for  taking part from next yr onwards...
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    CB submitted AFC License Documents Yesterday .. Yesterday was last day .. Dont know about Others .. may be @gaffertape can tell about others ?
    @gaffertape ;

you are seriously needed here if you have some info...
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Will try to find out..
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @munna ;

but acc. to AFC licence criteria if every team of premier league of the country fulfils it then they will be awarde a spot in champions league regardless of strength of team...thailand club is example....
    Buriam is pretty good.
  • GuchimareGuchimare 39 Points
    @munna ;

but acc. to AFC licence criteria if every team of premier league of the country fulfils it then they will be awarde a spot in champions league regardless of strength of team...thailand club is example....

Thailand currently getting a direct slot in ACL is not the case. So far, you have to be among top 5 association in terms of AFC criteria either in West Zone or East Zone to get at least one direct slot, and Thailand is currently 5th ranked association in East Zone. That's how they got a direct slot. 

However, though i'm not sure you were talking about this or not, a revamp of AFC competitions were actually discussed early this year. According to that, from next season, each associations may only need to fulfill basic criteria AND only have to be among top 24 associations in the entire Asia to get direct slots in ACL. Then the rest associations go for AFC Cup, and no more President's Cup. And the new association ranking system is to be based only on its clubs' and national team's performance in AFC competitions during recent 4 years, which means, marketibility or such criteria will be no more considered.

So, if this plan actually happens, not only India but most of current AFC Cup-participating countries will get at least one ACL direct slot, which i think is a ridiculous idea. But as far as i know this isn't the final decision and well, we may have to wait until November this year to see how it actually turns out because that's how lazy AFC always do their job. 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Clubs from 24 Associations will be a huge huge league. How many clubs will they have then?
    Top 5 Association from West Zone or Easst Zone makes sense. Current format makes sense. Indian clubs should first prove their mettle in AFC Cup. Dempo and East Bengal have done India proud by reaching semi finals once. Lets see how our clubs do this year?

How many of our I-League clubs pass AFC Licensing Requirements?
    @munna219777

Indian clubs should first prove their mettle in AFC Cup. Dempo and East Bengal have done India proud by reaching semi finals once.

your answer is present in your question only...wat more indian club needed to do?win AFC cup...then sorry its not possible until and unless kuwaiti slub is present in AFC cup...they are far superior by a huge gulf than any AFC cup participants they are almost champions league team...so don't expect i-league or ASEAN club to win AFC cup atleast for another 5 years....
    West Asian clubs are better than East? Probably overall but for the most part I would put Japan, China, Korea, and even Australia ahead of most leagues in the West.
    Japanese never really had domination. The J. League is more important to them than the AFC Champions League. More money to be made etc. China has gotten a lot better, as has the rest of Asia which is why it seems that Japanese "domination" is ending.