Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    but lately i see Japanese club struggling in ACL. seems like Japanese domination in Asian club competetion about to get end 

yeah that will end but in asian cup you will continue to see japan and south korea national team domination...
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Churchill will struggle to fulfil AFC criteria this time. A lot of outstanding debts to players.

Would be very surprised if they get back in to AFC next year.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    PVPGlobal, the guys who bid for the Deccan Chargers /Hyderabad IPL franchise and the current owners of the Hyderabad Hotshots ( Badminton team ) have taken a bid document from IMG-R for possible bid for ISL franchise team

Some celebrities are backing this bid too
  • GuchimareGuchimare 39 Points
    edited March 2014
    but lately i see Japanese club struggling in ACL. seems like Japanese domination in Asian club competetion about to get end 
    Japanese never really had domination. The J. League is more important to them than the AFC Champions League. More money to be made etc. China has gotten a lot better, as has the rest of Asia which is why it seems that Japanese "domination" is ending.
    For last 4 years J.League produced only 2 quarter-finalists, one of which reached semifinals and none in the final. It's far from a domination. But it's not that Japanese clubs take ACL lightly. They do take it seriously and it's easily proved by the fact that they do field best squads in ACL games. It was just until early 2000's that they actually took it lightly but now ACL prize money + FIFA Club World Cup bonus is way bigger than J.League money so there is no reason that they would underestimate ACL. In fact Japanese clubs were very successful during 2007~2009 so "taking it lightly" can't be an excuse for recent low performance. 
    Anyway, the real domination most of the time have been actually produced by Korean clubs, and it's still alive. For last 5 years, they produced 11 quarter-finalists, 6 of which reached semifinals and eventually produced 3 champs and 2 runners up, all five finalists were different clubs. In the West Zone, Saudi clubs have been no doubt the major force.

However from now on, or it might have started from last season, as ArsenalFan said China will rise. Especially Guangzhou is gonna be hard to stop for a while. They are like China National Team + Most expensive non-AFC forwards + Korean national team defender as AFC quota + World Class manager. Look at their domestic league records last season. It almost looks like Bayern in the Bundesliga. And other Chinese clubs such as Beijing Guoan are also massively investing so China will most probably be a new force in the ACL sooner or later, well if their domestic players in general can keep up with the level.
    As for ACL slots, i think the newly discussed plan of "24 countries" is ridiculous but i do think some slots should be more shared for the sake of general improvement of Asian club football. How does this look like?

Each Zone

4 Slots : 1 association
    3 Slots : 1 association
    2 Slots : 2 association
    1 Slots : 3 association

Then 14 in total association from both zones would share 28 direct slots, and then 4 remaining slots to be decided via preliminaries. In my opinion this would be fine. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Sorry, but bullshit. I watch the J. League every week as well as the A-League and K League when I can and for example, when I saw Central Coast Mariners beat Sanfrecce Hiroshima just a couple days ago you could tell Sanfrecce were not playing to their best. They could have beaten CCM 3-0 if they wanted but instead they allowed CCM to come and attack and they were outdone. In J. League action you see Sanfrecce come out with more flare and skill to their game with plenty of speed. You dont see that from them in the ACL.

Meanwhile Cerezo Osaka. Same thing. So much flare and skill to their play in Japan yet in Asia they just play as if they want the 90 iminutes to come and go. I mean, this is a team with Diego Forlan!

I just dont buy that the J. League clubs actually try yet in the ACL to the point where not winning it is automatic failure.
    edited March 2014
    Hey, i LIVED in Japan for 14 years so you don't need to try to explain what you've seen from weekly shows.

So what you are saying is basically that Japanese clubs are unprofessional to the point where they are not even trying to win in front of thousands fans. Do you really think you make sense? Why would they bring their best members to such a far place as Australia in the first place just to waste 90 minutes meaninglessly ? Don't their manager have brain to come up with way easier and productive idea, bringing B team ?

How your play look like depends on how your opponent play. Speed is relative so you can't compare it when opponents are different, and skills can be useless when opponent's defense and pressure are tougher. Japanese football is good, no doubt, but that doesn't mean J clubs MUST be dominant. J.clubs in general have clear weakness in defense toughness and physical play, and other Asian clubs know it very well. That's basically why J.clubs are struggling. This is not only my opinion but what Japanese analysts also say in their tv show as to why J.clubs are not doing good in ACL.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Okay, first off, not weekly shows... full matches. It is not that hard to find streams these days my friend, hell, I am watching Sydney FC vs. Brisbane Roar right now in another window.

As for the Japanese clubs, may I just point out that one of the starters against CCM was a guy who was only making his 5th pro appearence and his first ever start at 19. Then the subs. The first was a 19 year old who did not even start last season. Another was a guy making his 6th senior appearence. And the third was a guy making his pro debut!

All this when they were losing! Also, where was Sato! Your top scorer from last season, not even in the 18.

As for the way they play, I did not say it was meaningless but not as important to the point where they dont give a shit. CCM is shit, Sanfrecce should have killed them. They did not.
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    I read in the Asian forums where Japanese fans have said that Japanese clubs are giving more importance to J league than the ACL
    Hiroshima may be better club than CCM, but you can't win every games anyway unless the gap between the two is as huge as Arsenal and some 5th tier club, especially when it's a far away game. And in fact, Japanese clubs usally have done well when they met Aussie clubs. Remember last year? Kashiwa killed CCM by 6-1 on aggregate. So forget about CCM match. Upsets can happen.
    Korean clubs have been major problem who have blocked J clubs in ACL, and recently Chinese clubs are also doing good against J clubs. Most games among clubs from these 3 countries are full of tension, partly because of the rivalry among the countries. Japanese supporters, who travel to China and Korea when their club have ACL matches there, would kill them if they play loosely against K and C clubs. 
    Of course J clubs do their best. I say again, there is NO reason for them to underestimate ACL. J. League winning prize money is 100 million yen, roughly 1 million USD, and ACL winning money is 1.5 million USD plus you can participate in FIFA Club World Cup where you can get 1 mil USD guaranteed bonus + winning bonus, as well as "honor". Japan was even the consistent host of Club World Cup until recently, and they don't give a shit to the "ticket" for the competition they host ? No way.