Indian Football News Updates

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Was expecting Munna21977 to post some articles regarding CAS thus pointing out how baseless  eastbengalpride's post was, instead he decided to take his daily quota jibe at ISL 
    munna219777namewtheldatuljgBFC_Johnson_fanThe real AG
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Illegal league? Unethical league, maybe, but not illegal.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2016
    As per what I have read about CAS (Court of Arbitration of Sports), they rule on disputes which are appeals against the decisions or bans by the respective associations like FIFA or IOC. If NEUFC is taking the call of going to CAS directly bypassing FIFA or AFC, it hardly makes any sense to me. Even CAS go strictly by rulebook of FIFA Disciplinary Code and in most cases, they give advisory rulings to FIFA.

Can anyone show any example of CAS rulings in Transfer Cases where clubs/leagues do not come under FIFA supervision?
    deepakcDeb_Bangoalkeepar
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    It's hilarious to approach CAS without even approaching the highest authority of the game, thats FIFA. It's a PR stunt after their Twitter humiliation probably. NEUFC an unsold franchise bearing costs for international lawyers fighting for them in CAS in an unwinnable case, it's what ISL is made of, fucking fictions.
    gaffertapeArsenalFan700deepakcDeb_Banmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Interesting comments from Stephen Constantine: http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2696/indian-national-team/2016/07/13/25579682/indian-national-team-stephen-constantine-my-job-is-about

"There are states in India that are bigger than the UK and they just don't have the infrastructure. I'm taking 12 to 14 flights a month around the country looking at players. I can't just confine myself to the first division and the Indian Super League. My job is supposed to be just as coach of the national team but it's about building foundations," he says. "I'd say my job is that of a builder. It's what I do. I build teams."

His comments about Southgate getting the job though is wrong. Southgate was the FA's former head of elite development and he was an assistant for the under-20 side already. He was a decent coach in the Premier League as well, praised by Arsene Wenger. So he was rated decently, maybe overly, and he did have international coaching experience... he is a better candidate IMO.
    munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited July 2016
    Taking 12-14 flights a month around the country looking at players......There has to be a limit of bluffs.
    He is sitting at home....relaxing & dreaming about 12-14 flights a month around the country .....which country ? Cyprus ? Don't know how he has kept his "all expenses paid holiday" type of job for such a long period.
    BrainFallINDIAdeepakcnamewtheldreddevil87munna219777
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Btw...where is SC now...any idea ? Travelling all over India looking for players or sitting at home in Cyprus and sipping tea ?
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    On his Facebook page SC posted pics with his daughters, " went  to trekking and sailing "... in USA some couple of days ago

He also mentioned in that Goal.com interview that he had offer from some league1 club but he rejected for "not having free hand in staff selection or something"; that was really bad day for India football :(
    Deb_BanBFC_Johnson_fanreddevil87munna219777karenesudhakar2050deepakcsamiam
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points