2012-13 I League Round 18

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited January 2013

Jatin Singh Bisht scored the 150th goal by Indians.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > rudra said:
    > > to be honest, ongc is a top team now
    >
    >

Either that or Dempo is finally seeing the effects of having a very old squad and how it can really harm results.

Or both. ONGC have been playing great but at Duler a club like Dempo should have won.

yes of course...but here's ONGC under kashyap (But I will maintain that anyone who does well with a club of limited resources may not be great at a bigger stage and vice-versa)

Matches -6
    Win - 4
    Draw - 2
    Loss - 0

Win against - East Bengal, Shillong, Arrows, Salgaocar
    Draw against - Sikkim, Dempo
  • With that kind of record it makes you wonder something. How did United Sikkim get out of Delhi with a point. ONGC have been beating the likes of East Bengal and Pailan Arrows and drew the previous winners Dempo yet a club like United Sikkim managed a draw.

Makes you wonder if the other clubs actually take ONGC seriously. Now I have not seen ONGC play yet. I dont know how any of the teams play against them. What I say is purely based on what is available to me and from looking at it, it seems that no one, again, takes them seriously. 

United Sikkim managed to go in their and come out good while a club like East Bengal, a club that won 5-0 in Kolkata against the same team, came out as losers. Same with Salgaocar and same with Pailan Arrows. There is just something wrong with the approach mentality of the opposition when they play ONGC.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points

Santosh Kashyap's ONGC is undefeated in last 7 matches.

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

This was ongc's first away match after 5 back to back home matches. And in those 5 games they scored 9 goals and concided only 1 goal.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

@Arsenalkid700 yes I agree with the mentality factor

@hadfadkar can you point out which team I missed and what ws the result? 
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

they are looking just too good to be forced a relegation...

but needed for their improvement.... anyway they are not looking to be creating any local talents as almost all goals are scored by katsumi or eric which dont make any sense
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar said:
    > they are looking just too good to be forced a relegation...

but needed for their improvement.... anyway they are not looking to be creating any local talents as almost all goals are scored by katsumi or eric which dont make any sense

You are saying as if only the goal matters in 90 mins...what abut the rest of the 8 players, are they standing around and looking at Katsumi and Eric in awe! You can say ONGC is not creating an Indian striker (as if they have a compulsion to do so)...but the remaining players definitely have some role in creating goals and more importantlyy stopping the goals
  • While I do hate ONGC with a burning passion I do have to disagree with @Shankar here.

In fact ONGC is producing arguably one of the best young goalkeepers in the league in TP Rehnash. He is only 19 years old and in eight games he has kept five cleansheets and only conceded five goals overall to have a GAA of only 0.62. (Note: I did not count todays game into those stats).

Also they have Robin Gurung (Age 20), David Lalrinmuana (Age 20), Surabuddin Mollick (Age 20), and Rajib Boro (age 18). So to say they lack youth is an understatement given that everyone mentioned, besides David, usually starts for ONGC.
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points

Praful must b cursing ongc's great run...now if air India also follow a similar trend..he will be left red faced.