2012-13 I League Round 19

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Domnic
    EB lucky second game in a row. Pailan should have scored with the last kick today.

CHAMPION'S LUCK!!!

Ashlesh
    > Joyptan said:

> > Domnic
    > > EB lucky second game in a row. Pailan should have scored with the last kick today.
    >
    >
    >
    > #CHAMPION'S LUCK!!!

champions :O 

=))

Yeah, Champions, whould/chould be champions. Atleast more close to being champions than Dempo.

@Ashlesh if u chould explain "champions materials" please. if u know what it is in the first place.

• To be honest NONE of these teams are "Champions" material. Churchill Brothers seem like a team that need their foreigners in line for every game or else they will fail to deliver. Dempo are now showing their age. They may be high in the table but they have had some shocking results this season and their play has gotten worse. East Bengal is inconsistent. They can beat the best in India one day and then they fall to the worst the next. Pune FC is a team that has a great team but individuals need questioning.

Overall it is tough to decide who wins the league this year. Very open but so far no one looks like they actually deserve to be champions.

Ashlesh
    > Joyptan said:

> @Ashlesh if u chould explain "champions materials" please. if u know what it is in the first place.

see that what i mean even east bengal fans dont know what is champion material 
    just like a team :)
    anyway calcutta league is your league so try to win it 

Fans don't win matches for their teams,or does they? So explain "champions material" then i can suggest EB officials to get some of that. :P

• > Domnic said:
    > @kid. Any suggestions for a foreign centre back for Salgaocar. Seems like Luciano is finished. By the way, how has Salgaocar played???

This guy would be perfect. He is 29. A central defender. From New Zealand. He is a New Zealand international. A World Cup player from 2010 as well. He spent the majority of his career in MLS and really was never an important player. He was almost a failure at my New York Red Bulls and did not improve much in LA.

However after seeing how OJ has done I am confident that another former MLSer can do well here. Boyen's is a free agent right now.

As for Salgaocar. It was confusing. They had moments of dominance but could have easily lost the game themselves. On the surface it looked an easy win for Salgaocar but if you look closely you will see how hard it was for them. Salgaocar is not the finished product yet and the fact that a 33-year old John Wilkinson was their best player kinda worries me.

One interesting thing to note one player of every top 4 teams shown a red card in this round.

Manandeep of EB , Ravanan of CB , Clifford Miranda of Dempo & Gurjinder Singh of Pune FC.

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Ashlesh said:

> Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > Ashlesh said:
    > >
    mumbai suck wat shame they are for beautiful game of football
    >
    >

Or are you just pissed to see Dempo unofficially drop out of the title race? :p

no dempo will win for sure looking at way they played today
    dempo surely will win 
    today its just that mumbai gk and almost all players were happy to be on turf 

Newspaper reports suggest opposite of what you say.They say that Dempo were poor for most of the match upto Menyongor came. He changed the complexion of the game. You seem to be judging whole match based on last 10 min.

And from what you comment it seems you are more impressed with the crowd support rather than the game.

Why doesn't that idiot Colaco play Menyongor from the start. He has helped them second game in a row.

Finally, I always have liked Dempo and hope that they win league next year. This year I want Colaco to be sacked first. He's selection of players and strategy is so poor this year.

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

Ashlesh said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > > Ashlesh said:
    > > > >
    mumbai suck wat shame they are for beautiful game of football
    > > >
    > > >

Or are you just pissed to see Dempo unofficially drop out of the title race? :p

> >
    > >

no dempo will win for sure looking at way they played today
    dempo surely will win 
    today its just that mumbai gk and almost all players were happy to be on turf 

hey... stop criticising mumbai...
    the way the 2nd goal was scored accr to reports... what your dempo team did was a shame to beautiful game

and what is baretto doing in this match if he was loaned to us from dempo??? there is no restriction as such in i-league??