I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• ashindia wrote: »
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Why aren't the new franchise namely JSW or Mumbai Tigers not signing any players?? </font>

<br><br>Maybe they are still not sure about their participation. <br>

<br><br>Mumbai Tigers still have those players who played for them in 2nd Division. ONGC players are still hanging in theor old club-maybe a last minute reentry for them if these so called corporate clubs back out at last moment. jindal is a mystery-where will they get Indian players from?<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited June 2013
    We all know that those corporate clubs are immune to religation for 3 seasons, hence they might just make team with 2nd class players and start recruiting better players from next season.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Joyptan wrote: »
    We all know that those corporate clubs are immune to religation for 3 seasons, hence they might just make team with 2nd class players and start recruiting better players from next season.

<br><div><br></div><div>And risk not making a fan base because they play like shite. No way! With the amount of supposed investment coming from them you would expect them to create a decent squad just so they can attract some fans (which has in the past proven mega-hard in Mumbai and Bangalore).</div>
  • SumantraSumantra 70 Points
    Bengali newspaper reported MB releasing Manish Mathani, MB only retained 9 players from last season - Shilton, Aibor, Eche, Sourav Chakraborty, Bishwajit Saha, Denson, Manish Bhargav, Sabeeth & Odafa .... they are in talks with the Pailan Arrows players - also recruiting 3-4<span style="font-size: 10pt;"> local academy guys </span>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <br>

<br><div><br></div><div>And risk not making a fan base because they play like shite. No way! With the amount of supposed investment coming from them you would expect them to create a decent squad just so they can attract some fans (which has in the past proven mega-hard in Mumbai and Bangalore).</div>

<br><div>Frankly speaking I have a feeling that they would buy 4 high quality foreigners and shit Indian players from 2nd division and try to market the foreign players to attract fans. One thing is for sure, if JSW is able to bring a single former moderate EPL or La Liga player and market him, Bangaloreans would go gaga over him. Next year onwards they can slowly built their market. </div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    reddevil87 wrote: »
    <br>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">And risk not making a fan base because they play like shite. No way! With the amount of supposed investment coming from them you would expect them to create a decent squad just so they can attract some fans (which has in the past proven mega-hard in Mumbai and Bangalore).</div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal;">Frankly speaking I have a feeling that they would buy 4 high quality foreigners and shit Indian players from 2nd division and try to market the foreign players to attract fans. One thing is for sure, if JSW is able to bring a single former moderate EPL or La Liga player and market him, Bangaloreans would go gaga over him. Next year onwards they can slowly built their market. </div>

<br><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">Well that depends how much JSW and Mumbai Tigers are willing to spend then on their teams. Remember, the chances of them gaining any return on anything they spend now is 0% for probably the next 3-5 years (if they last that long). I don't want them to spend above their means just so they can sign that one marquee EPL or La Liga player.</div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div>And I know that if one of them do get that one marquee guy then they can gain a good fan base (maybe even 10,000 a game) initially, like what happened in MLS when the Galaxy signed Beckham or in the A-League when Sydney signed Del Pirlo, but then that creates problems of its own. Like how would those new fans react to basically seeing 1 good foreigner and around 10-13 crap players (domestic or foreign) <b>for a whole season</b>. One man can't change a team and if the play does not look good to your average European football fanatic then you are at a loss despite the marquee man (mainly because that "shine" you gain when you signed the marquee player gradually fades away).</div><div><br></div><div>I don't know exactly what JSW or Mumbai Tiger's plans are but if I was a part of the board which decides those plans I would say to <b>not </b>go for the marquee man. Same with the rest of the I-League as well. Financially I just don't think we are there yet and again I doubt JSW or Dodsal Group are willing to see so much red after their first season.</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited June 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As of now, they are anyways not getting good players for their team this season. No fans would get attracted to the stadium this year to watch a shit team. Best example United Sikkim. But if they buy a single marquee player fans would be interested atleast slightly. Next year onwards they can slowly build their team and look out for better players who can play around the marquee player. Also, one should not forget getting a marquee player would help them to get some good sponsorship (even though they dont require one) and merchandising in the first year itself. I am not saying this marquee player will change the quality of the team, but will built the team reputation among the fans, atleast for 1st year.  Long run it has to be supported with good team with better players.</font>
  • samsam 16458 Points
    EB may sign Holicharan Narzary.
  • sujoy76sujoy76 0 Points
    MB releasing Manish??<br><br>Bad news for MB<br><br>He is hardworking like Jewel,snehashish<br>
This discussion has been closed.