I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Claude Gnagkpa has been released by Salgaocar following poor performances. Confirmed news.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    Who are they signing now
  • Do players ever sign long term contracts with a club, it seems players get released left and right. without long term contracts there wont be transfer sums, without transfer sums there won't be any profit for a club. as far as i know only Pune fc have sold a player for a transfer sum. I may be wrong about the last bit.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited November 2013
    Bilal was sold last year by Churchill to Fujairah for transfer sum if Rs. 50 lakhs. This is the highest that any indian club has managed till date.
  • Nice, transfers is one of the biggest source of profit for clubs, hopefully it catches on quicker rather than later.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I think they have a salary cap of 2.48 million us

Your thinking of A-League.
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Holy what?? Odafa on more than $200k a season? I can get u a guy with prem league n championship exp n abt 500 career league games for that!! N he prob be the biggest name ever in i league!! Way too much being given to such names when bagan dsnt win anything.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Holy what?? Odafa on more than $200k a season? I can get u a guy with prem league n championship exp n abt 500 career league games for that!! N he prob be the biggest name ever in i league!! Way too much being given to such names when bagan dsnt win anything.
    instead of saying , please get that man and contact MB ! i will be happiest person on earth when we kick chidi,moga,odafa etc out of Indian football !
  • Shah476Shah476 240 Points
    Have put it to an agent or 2..upto them nxt.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited November 2013
    That is a bit extreme. The average Premier League player earns $50,000 a week. They can get $200,000 in literally 4 weeks.

As for Championship players. Former Arsenal youth and Championship (2nd Division) regular Jay Simpson was signed for $65,000 a month by Buriram United in Thailand. That is almost $720,000 a year. So signing them is never going to happen.

However we can sign some really good MLS, A-League, J. League quality players with those wages. Panama international and MLS star Blas Perez only earns $285,000 a year. Uruguay World Cupper Alvaro Fernandez earned $300,000. Hell, Honduran international Boniek García earned only $130,000 last season.

These guys are easily attainable. Of course not these guys who play in MLS, A-League etc as the money won't be the only factor they consider (also stardom etc) but perhaps we can go to places in Central America or Africa or Oceania or even lower Asia.

What is stopping us from signing Yendrick Ruiz (a Costa Rican international who dominates in Costa Rica) or Victor Namo (Nigerian Premier League top scorer). I mean, we have in the past managed to bring in guys like Carlos Hernandez and Rohan Ricketts. We have the money (or so it seems) so why not try and increase the level of foreigners in the league.

(NOTE: All numbers here are in USD form and estimated to the nearest whole number by the thousands.)
This discussion has been closed.