I League Player Transfers News & Rumors 2013-14

Comments

• Agreed 90 Lakhs for Moga, East Bengal really overestimated his value. Moga is too slow to be a great striker. Hopefully from next year we will see the top guys being comparitevly lesser.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Look at some of poor signings this season....due to lack of common sense..;
    JAMES MOGA : 90 Laks but never capable of playing at a Big club like East Bengal.
    CLAUDE GNAKPA : former defender winger who conned his way as a striker...ading to the long list of bad Salgaocar/ Derrick signings. ..
    Eric Murunda : .........lost for words from day 1.....
    Edmar Figueroa : average player at PFC & way past his best days....Manandeep proving that !
    BILLY MEHMET: 9 games and 1 penalty...same return as Murunda !

Then there are the others. ..
    CHURCHILL's signings although Machado and Henry Antchouet were still worth it.

Shinosuke Honda...& Colisimo.....Chika Wali, Lamine Tamba...Uga Okpara........all of whom could be shipped out of the I-league and replaced with significantly better for 3/4 the price !
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ok so thats the truth about Gnakpa! I remember searching about him, and I was getting someone who is  a defender! Why can't clubs be a little more careful, easy to find out really
  • Agreed with your assessment of foreign players. Guys like Okpara and Honda are way overpaid. Our Indian defenders if not better are atleast on par with these guys. The first name that comes to my mind is that of Mohun Bagan whose defense has been great even without Uchne.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    @ilsgautam - u mentioned United SC and Mohammedan SC showing more professionalism. Cna you please mention the points, in what way they are doing so?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    ok so thats the truth about Gnakpa! I remember searching about him, and I was getting someone who is  a defender! Why can't clubs be a little more careful, easy to find out really
    Claude Gnakpa
    2007 Swindon : Centre Back...
    2007-08 Peterborough Utd : Right Back...impresses with pace
    2008-2011 Luton Town : Right Wing..pushed up front coz of pace
    2011-2012 Walsall
    2012-         Inverness
    re-invents himself as a striker to get a move to Asia ;Al Minaa

Impresses Derrick at trials , and they decide to sign him as a striker.

A few google searches, some video's of him at Peterboriugh or match reports at Luton would've been enough to know or does every Indian coach think they can take a big strong African and make him into ODAFA !
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    @dhungel35

hey mate any news on uttam rai?meamns his plans or progress....
  • yup there has been some progress but i am not too happy about it u'll know in a week or two before Uttam turns 17.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    yup there has been some progress but i am not too happy about it u'll know in a week or two before Uttam turns 17.
    seems like i-league calling him
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    if that true than thats a teribble blow..
This discussion has been closed.