2012-13 I-League Round 24

Comments

• Juan Pena was doing well. I wonder why they substituted him. Just read that he is ex-Malaga player. The same team which played in Quarter finals for UEFA Champions Legaue wow!!!<br>
  • EB 1 - 1 SCG Final Score<br>Good For Churchill Brothers<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    munna21977 wrote: »
    Juan Pena was doing well. I wonder why they substituted him. Just read that he is ex-Malaga player. The same team which played in Quarter finals for UEFA Champions Legaue wow!!!</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">Malaga B team... 5th tier of Spain.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dont be deceived.</font></div>
  • ONGC 0 - 1 Pune FC  82 Minute<br>Lajong 1 - 0 Mumbai FC<br>Minchol Son scores<br>
  • jees_josejees_jose 210 Points
    So East bengal dont need I league this season.  Now they can concentrate on AFC cup...
  • So... a couple of notes from the East Bengal-Sporting Goa match.<div><br></div><div>1) Defense in I-League is horrible. Chidi Edeh was just allowed to gracefully head that ball into the net. No challenge whatsoever.</div><div><br></div><div>2) Juanfri will be a future star in India. This game is the first time I have seen something from him and it was good. His technic is actually decent and his shooting ability is something that many coaches in I-League will want. </div><div><br></div><div>3) Chidi Edeh actually passed the ball while in the 18-yard box. Yes, it actually happened. It was a rare sight indeed.</div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Very surprised with the way SCG played. Very disruptive kind of football. Hardly any constructive play. Very much unlike what they usually play. They could have won it though in the final stages.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Domnic wrote: »
    Very surprised with the way SCG played. Very disruptive kind of football. Hardly any constructive play. Very much unlike what they usually play. They could have won it though in the final stages.

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think its the turf. It is to bouncy to play a passing style of the football and thus makes constructing a play through that very tough.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Really the thing this game lacked today was technical ability. Many players had to scramble to get the ball and many players failed to even dribble properly (Yes, that includes foreigners like Penn and Ogba). This was a game that could also had used less long-balls. East Bengal need a new coach at the end of the season and this guy should focus on less long-balls.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And again, the stadium. There was a crowd but no atmosphere yet again. Shows once more why the Salt Lake Stadium is not a long-term venue.</font></div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    With Dempo having no Centre backs for the CB match and EB drawing today, I think CB is almost 90 % sure of the title. BTW Peter Carvalho will partner Selwyn as centre backs for the CB game.
  • <p>i think this will be a close finish.....</p><p>My prediction is</p><p>1. Churchill - 51points</p><p>2. Pune - 50 points</p><p>3. East Bengal - 49points</p><p>Mohun Bagan will finsh with 35 points</p><p>Air India & United Sikkim will not pick any more points....</p><p> </p>