2014 AFC U19 Championship

Comments

• Another shocking result

Indonesia u19 beat South Korea u19, 3-2.
  • Groups C result:

Iraq u19 holds Kuwait u19 to goalless draw, with this kuwait is eliminated and Bangladesh u19 goes second in the group, but doesn't make it to the next round.
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I was cursing Udanta for his finishing skills and then he produced a gem :) . Was watching it with a jat friend who had no knowledge about football , but he too rued the missed chances (don't want to go in details about the words used) :P<br><br>Udanta seems like a guy with some skills and hopefully in coming days he will develop further. Also, the backheel pass inside the box was nice, but the other guy wasn't there.<br><br><br>
  • @sparta I am with you, that guy has skills, if he only can convert half the chances that come to him, he could be the the all time best for Indian football. He can only get better or .............. (I don't want to say the other word).
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Group D Results:
    Lebanon U19 0-0 Tajikistan U19
    Iran U19 1-0 Saudi Arabia U19
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Most disappointing was Uttam Rai. He can't complain now that he did not get chance. One cannot survive international football with that kind of stature and attitude. Though, biologically speaking, he can still grow. But that would not add a lot to what he is now. If you are small, you need god like skills to be in competitive International football.
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    edited October 2013
    Expected so much from Uttam Rai but he disappointed me and I am sure most of us were down. He was replaced after only 15 to 18 minutes into the first half. He is so small and got 2 touches and didnt do wonders. I don't know what his plan is going forward but he will surely find something.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Next stop for the team would be the Olympic qualifiers I guess. I dont know whether we have a n U23 yet or not, but a lot of these boys may get into the Olympic qualifier team. The risk is that they would meet rivals with much superior age. Lets see how we keep ourselves busy till then
  • And when are the olympic qualifiers?
  • It would be great if a couple of these lads get to play as part of the u-23 team in next year's Asian Games<br>