2014 AFC U19 Championship

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    This is where the lack of an U19 league hurts. That would have been a fantastic platform to keep the guys busy. May be the Arrows team can be reintroduced in the I-league now that we have a better bunch of players. I am sure they will match any top I-League teams and will surprise everyone. The qualifiers for the Olympics 2016 will probably start at the end of the next year, I am not sure
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    I think we have AFC U-22 qualification in 2014 June or July.
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    @ nameWTHeld : well i agree with your 2nd point regarding small physique...but First point is invalid for me in this tournament he played for 12 mins against Qatar , 0 mins against Nepal , 12-15 mins against Uzbeks and 12 mins against the turks and U say he got enough chance....<div><br></div><div>Well whatever he wrote on FB was rubbish and that should not have happened...Uttam is not a guy who can run like Udanta....but at the end of the day all it matters is how many goals have been scored....I'll stop here I have said this before that Uttam needs to prove his credentials on the field and not on FB or anywhere else...I just hope he does that. </div>
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    I think Uttam was really unlucky..10-15 mins is not enough to judge a player..to me it looks like he got a bad deal..he wud have been much better than the overrated Daniel who did nothing in the first 3 matches
    He started the match today and had to be removed early due to obvious reasons. I know it would be hard for a kid to cope up with that, particularly for someone who is used to reasonable following on Facebook. What he needs right now is to get off FB and chose some place where he can focus on building his physique. The vertical growth may be limited by the genes but he can grow horizontally with proper diet and training. Udanta and Lalhlimpuia will always get preference over him, given the current scenario. He needs to stand out
    Impresses by Issac also..he was much better than that guy Shaiborlang Kharapan, another ineffective player..disappointed with Sarthal Golui for letting in an easy goal in the end..though dont know how this Turk tream lost 0-7 to Qatar
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala654 Points
    i think this team will play in afc u22 championship qualifiers .....<br>
    I think these guys are still too young to play even the U-22 qualifers or Asian games..we need players like Brandon and others there who have league experience..else we wud be hammered
    at the U-22 qualifiers if you remember our Arrows team played which had an average age of 20 plus Jeje and few others whereas these guys are 16-17..
    Issac was really good. A better replacement for Kharpan. Germanpreet too is an amazing workhorse..was all the time in the thick of things. Alen was not bad either. But overall as a team, they are excellent. They have a great understanding and have the guts to do tricks inside the opponents' boxes. Also, if you compare the passing, both the accuracy and the spees is much greater than the India senior team players. The senior players waste so much time before deciding to pass the ball and when they pass, there is no power in the shot