IMG-Reliance sponsored AIFF's IPL style league

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Also, stop with this IMG conspiracy. We don't even know what the teams or players (foreign) are yet! Until then we can not really say what their motive is and how they will market it.<div><br></div><div>Unless they get in some big names (which I doubt) then they are screwed.</div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>Until and unless there is crowd for I league....the hysteria, the hype etc of I league will look pale and stale. As for me i dont like watching football with empty stand with no shouts, hootings and hysteria involed. But AIFF dumbos will never ever try to telecast shillong matches where the house are full. Pls now dont tell me there is no satatelite tower available in shillong. I guess thats wrong.</p>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Clearly you have never really followed I-league or Indian football. One thing, you don't the difference between Mumbai FC and Mumbai Tigers. Second thing, you don't even know that there were matches telecast from Shillong. Good going bro!
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    Boss...last year i league initially there were no matches telecast from shillong when the stands were full. But later on they did telecast some matches and i saw the corwd max to be 8000 something..the zeal and interest among the fans had vanished owing to Lajongs poor performance later on. This time around the derby between Lajong Fc vs  Rangdajied United should be telecast.  And yeah i say i dont know if Mumbay fc and Mumbay tigers are same. So what?
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Also, stop with this IMG conspiracy. We don't even know what the teams or players (foreign) are yet! Until then we can not really say what their motive is and how they will market it.<div><br></div><div>Unless they get in some big names (which I doubt) then they are screwed.</div>

<br><br>lol bro check the previous pages you and some other membvers only made a huge conspiracy of it<br> :))
    samiam wrote: »

<br><br>lol bro check the previous pages you and some other membvers only made a huge conspiracy of it<br> :))

<br><div><br></div><div>I know and I won't deny that but at this point I really would just want it to stop. This is all just so confusing.</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the average guy having a hero honda indian cricket team t-shirt will not even know who pirlo & crespo is.
    I mean look at us. we dont even have chants for the cricket team let alone franchises in IPL!! the only fans who will turn up at each football match are true blood footie fans and if we aint convinced abt it then its a fail.

i lol when the typical guy shouts one of the three chants he knows "jeethega bhai jeethega india jeethega" "sachin..sachin" or a fight to get live on tv when a camera rolls anywhere near him.
    Pathetic.. you are trying to sell him the IPL idea to india.

IPL - Epic fail.

watch us get embarrased all over again while an hasbeen bum gets rich, gets a few tv ads and goes back only to get rich the next year
    <span style="font-weight: normal;">
    dx7778 wrote: »
    the average guy having a hero honda indian cricket team t-shirt will not even know who pirlo & crespo is.
    I mean look at us. we dont even have chants for the cricket team let alone franchises in IPL!! the only fans who will turn up at each football match are true blood footie fans and if we aint convinced abt it then its a fail.

i lol when the typical guy shouts one of the three chants he knows "jeethega bhai jeethega india jeethega" "sachin..sachin" or a fight to get live on tv when a camera rolls anywhere near him.
    Pathetic.. you are trying to sell him the IPL idea to india.

</span><b>IPL - Epic fail</b>.

watch us get embarrased all over again while an hasbeen bum gets rich, gets a few tv ads and goes back only to get rich the next year

<br><div><br></div><div>Ya... not exactly true by a mile.</div>
  • IMG is forgetting 1 thing when it tries to emulate IPL cricket-

Whay is IPL success. Is it only because of Foreign international players? Not by a mile. Its becaause of Indian players performing both at World Stage and at IPL. I will bet on any day that an average Indian will more likely share success of his team, if a Dhoni/Robin/Raina/ even local lads scores a hunndred or takes a hattrick rather than a Shane Watson/Gayle scoring a blitzering hundred.
    Recent IBL (Badminton League) was also a success why?? Because of Saina/Sindhu/Kashyap....Because of all Indian players in the League..not even because of no 1 world player ...
    So if they think that only International Footballers are going to make this League a success without an Indian performing --its absolutely nonsense..
    I bet any time Indians will want a Subrata stopping a brilliant goal off Beckham or Alwyn scoring against Cannavaro rather than these players always getting the limelight...
    & This is exactly what they are doing..trying to just fill up the Indian footballers spots with any player rather than top Indian players..
    I can bet any time, this League will turn out to be a disaster even if it is a hit for some time.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    it depends on how u see a mile. if u see it in a map am actually kinda close.
    seriously u can have average cricket liking people come to the img league but will anyone take it seriously or will know what they are seeing there? never.
This discussion has been closed.