Chennai Football Fans

DXDX 4074 Points
edited August 2013 in Indian Football Clubs
Hi all,

Thought to start a thread to know at ground level how many supporters there are for a I-league club from Chennai. If things pan out well, we may have a new I-league club from 2014-2015 season headed by the current QPR chairman Tony Fernandes and sponsered by Air Asia although Kochi are trying to steal them away from here (Grrr... Back off).

Any comments on how should the Proposed club be marketed in a Cricket cracy city, whether it will be sustainable as a business here? Is Local talent scouting available here?

Comments

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    First let chennai xpress release then..chennai futball
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I can surely say even before the movie releases, Its bound to be a pathetic portrayal of a stereotype of a south Indian. Lol they even got the dances and traditional fighting arts mixed up with Kerala...Nut heads.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Lets see wat dis movie is all abt...wait for 9th aug.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited August 2013
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    You guys will never improve! :P<div>Our new guy up there is asking for opinion about Chennai football, not Chennai Express!</div><div>Anyway, @dx7778 I think Chennai loves sports in general just like Kolkata. I have seen crowds during Chennai Open and also during internatinal footbal matches involving India. So I am sure the Chennai guys will lap up to the opportunity. That is my assessment as an outsider, you would know better though</div>
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    yes, the infrastructure is there. the nehru stadium is recently been reburfished and is flood light friendly too. plus its near the heart of the city. ppl are interested to knw more but tough to beat CSK in terms of popularity. unfortunately chennai didnt have a platform(India team matches) till date to test how many fans would turn up at a match, this would give an indication what we can expect. the ppl here like me are football fanatics so hoping to form a core bunch from chennai users for supporting chennai.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    namewtheld wrote: »
    You guys will never improve! :P<div>Our new guy up there is asking for opinion about Chennai football, not Chennai Express!</div><div>Anyway, @dx7778 I think Chennai loves sports in general just like Kolkata. I have seen crowds during Chennai Open and also during internatinal footbal matches involving India. So I am sure the Chennai guys will lap up to the opportunity. That is my assessment as an outsider, you would know better though</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>We are all idiots. You should know that by now.</div>
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Chennai is a great Sports loving City. we have seen good crowd in stadiums not only for Cricket but also for Tennis and Hockey. Chennai has proper infrastructure in place-with all the stadiums closer to central part of city  thus assuring decent number of spectators. After Indian Bank, we have not seen any team from Madras (Chennai). Not a big fan of Air Asia but Chennai deserves a good club.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited August 2013
    Chennai has a new club, which atleast outwards looked like wants to make a slow built up like pune fc<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><a href="https://www.facebook.com/ChennaiUnitedFootballClub">https://www.facebook.com/ChennaiUnitedFootballClub</a></div>;