Chennai Football Fans

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Noice just keeps getting bigger
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i am tamil born in coimbatore but lives for more than a decade in mumbai... but i dont want a football club in chennai because of main fact that chennai isnt a football loving city will just turn out to be another pune fc with not much fan base around to really work with for the club
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    "Living in mumbai for more than a decade" that answers a lot on your current knowledge of football in chennai.
  • VikiViki 140 Points

More than Chennai I would love we have a club from Coimbatore.

People in Coimbatore find very less space to spend the weekends..... Moreover schools here make their students to play football more than cricket. Its a football loving city.......

We also have a stadium at the hot of the city and we also have lot of industries or big firms (Pricol, LMW etc) available in Cbe. They often act as a sponsors for the district level competition.

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    edited June 2014
    Kolkata press used to report since the '80s that Coimbatore is a football place. It had hosted several Fed Cups and Santosh Trophies (big during those days). It is a thriving industrial city (textiles, Engg) as well. And I think the weather is slightly more conducive to the game, compared to other places in TN. So, a football club is perfectly feasible there if the organisation is good.
  • VikiViki 140 Points

@ Deb_Ban ......if the organization is good?????????? That's the major problem.....

TNFA has some problem and I don't see any activities from them...

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    Can someone give me the lowdown on who are the CCFC Owners and how is the Hindu group related to it?
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @DX I think your new club Chennai City FC should look into Guangzhou Evergrande FC football history and how they were able to win 2013 AFC Champions league!!!!

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    They would better look at Bengaluru FC and how they won the I-League
    goalkeeparmunna219777ArsenalFan700Deb_Ban