Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Graham Roberts the nepal coach has resigned his job...
    he moulded the nepal side's game into a good beautiful way of style, he should be hired either as u-23 coach or even for our own national team
  • this topic will be the most discussed in coming days with lots of heat is against savio medeira...anyone other than him is welcome for me
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    shankar wrote:
    Graham Roberts the nepal coach has resigned his job...
    he moulded the nepal side's game into a good beautiful way of style, he should be hired either as u-23 coach or even for our own national team

I like Graham Roberts,his man management is superb.Unfit,non-hard working players will be thrown out.He also picks very best players from league watching it regularly.

About style of play lets leave it to coach,let him observe the kind of player we have and then decide and by experimenting in friendlies .

Wage wise he might just be a asking a small hike of what he was getting in Nepal.
    So what do you think guys ?? what's your take on Graham Roberts ??

Also I have a feeling that AIFF has already offered Roberts the deal which could be the reason why he resigned(Just a guess people). ;;)
    Lets bring in Roberts as our coach immediately after the challenge Cup completes and offer him a deal say 2 year.

Assignments :-
    1)Incharge of both Senior and U-22 team in upcoming qualifiers.
    2)Watch I-League regularly and pick players on merit.(Incase of not being able to watch a match AIFF has to hand over a recorded tape of I-League matches to him).

Targets :-
    1)Do well in Nehru Cup
    2)U-22 team should do well in Qualifiers and if possible qualify for the finals.
    3)Prepare a strong team for AFC Challenge 2014 Qualifiers in 2013 and qualify for the Challenge Cup.
    4)Qualify for Asia Cup 2015 by winning Challenge Cup 2014(or reaching the final incase the winner is same).

• @ashindia,Qualify for Asia Cup 2015 by winning Challenge Cup 2014(or reaching the final incase the winner is same).

why can't we play well in the real qualifiers? in that there will be 4 teams in a grp , top 2 qualifies, i think??
    @ashindia,Qualify for Asia Cup 2015 by winning Challenge Cup 2014(or reaching the final incase the winner is same).

why can't we play well in the real qualifiers? in that there will be 4 teams in a grp , top 2 qualifies, i think??

We are not allowed in that qualifiers.

• @ashindia,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Asian_Cup_qualification

check the seedings part, 22. india, a note is written there,
    ndia (marked '**') were drawn into Group C of the qualifiers, but withdrew from the qualifiers following their victory in the 2008 AFC Challenge Cup which automatically qualified them for the final tournament.
    @ashindia,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Asian_Cup_qualification

check the seedings part, 22. india, a note is written there,
    ndia (marked '**') were drawn into Group C of the qualifiers, but withdrew from the qualifiers following their victory in the 2008 AFC Challenge Cup which automatically qualified them for the final tournament.

No mate they wont include us,unless there is a change in Qualification format and rules.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AFC_Asian_Cup_qualification
  • Roberts should be hired as the National Team coach, just to get us off the ground. I doubt he can get us to AFC Asian Cup 2015 (BTW AFC Challenge Cup 2014 wont qualify us, as far as I know). We should be in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers which will start in September (us being one of the lowest seeds of course).

For me Roberts should be given the following...

- A 3 year contract with an extra 1 year if we qualify for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup
    - Choice to work with Robert Baan and Colin Toal over who should coach the u22 team.

He will be required to do the following...

- To see 3 I-League matches per match week (so he must see at least 78 I-League games per season)

- To win the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup

- Win the 2012 Nehru Cup

- To make the 2nd Round of qualification for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

- Hold annual monthly meetings with the I-League coaches over how to better improve coaching in India.