Coach for Indian Football Team

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    edited March 2012
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Roberts should be hired as the National Team coach, just to get us off the ground. I doubt he can get us to AFC Asian Cup 2015 (BTW AFC Challenge Cup 2014 wont qualify us, as far as I know). We should be in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers which will start in September (us being one of the lowest seeds of course).

For me Roberts should be given the following...

- A 3 year contract with an extra 1 year if we qualify for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup
    - Choice to work with Robert Baan and Colin Toal over who should coach the u22 team.

He will be required to do the following...

- To see 3 I-League matches per match week (so he must see at least 78 I-League games per season)

- To win the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup

- Win the 2012 Nehru Cup

- To make the 2nd Round of qualification for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

- Hold annual monthly meetings with the I-League coaches over how to better improve coaching in India.

AFC is not dumb,they are not going to spend millions on travel subsidy to these failed footballing countries that's the reason they have this so called CHALLENGE CUP.Just like they did in 2008 and 2010 they will exclude us from the qualifiers,unless they plan to scrap challenge cup for ever.

• ashindia wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Roberts should be hired as the National Team coach, just to get us off the ground. I doubt he can get us to AFC Asian Cup 2015 (BTW AFC Challenge Cup 2014 wont qualify us, as far as I know). We should be in the AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers which will start in September (us being one of the lowest seeds of course).

For me Roberts should be given the following...

- A 3 year contract with an extra 1 year if we qualify for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup
    - Choice to work with Robert Baan and Colin Toal over who should coach the u22 team.

He will be required to do the following...

- To see 3 I-League matches per match week (so he must see at least 78 I-League games per season)

- To win the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup

- Win the 2012 Nehru Cup

- To make the 2nd Round of qualification for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

- Hold annual monthly meetings with the I-League coaches over how to better improve coaching in India.

AFC is not dumb,they are not going to spend millions on travel subsidy to these failed footballing countries that's the reason they have this so called CHALLENGE CUP.Just like they did in 2008 and 2010 they will exclude us from the qualifiers,unless they plan to scrap challenge cup for ever.

Well first I would like to Admit my mistake as the 2014 AFC Challenge Cup winner does make it. Very, very sorry for being wrong there.

Also if India wants to be in the qualifiers all we need to do is apply or have a mid-high ranking in Asia (which we almost have)
    Savio To Be SACKED,Rob ban to choose next Coach :- ( :-* )

New Delhi: After India`s disastrous AFC Challenge Cup campaign ended with a 0-4 loss against North Korea in Kathmandu on Tuesday, the AIFF bosses have decided that technical director Rob Baan will now take a final call in zeroing in on Savio Medeira`s replacement as senior team coach.

India went into the AFC Challenge Cup as defending champions and conceded eight goals in three matches and a dip below 160 in FIFA rankings is certain.

"We don`t have any matches till May 31 so whether Savio Medeira stays or goes becomes irrelevant. It`s all about whether AIFF is keen on paying him salary for couple of months or not. That amount isn`t that huge that parent body won`t honour his contract. But certainly, he will not get an extension after this dismal show," a senior AIFF official preferring anonymity said.

AIFF technical director Baan has concentrated more on the junior squad till now but he will entrusted with greater responsibilities as far as senior squad is concerned.

"The AIFF has full faith in Rob Baan`s abilities. He will be the man who would decide on a good and affordable foreign replacement. If you look at the standard of Indian coaches, it`s not very encouraging. We certainly need a good foreign coach to take us forward," he said.

Medeira`s credentials as a coach is nothing much to write about as under his tutelage Salgaocar were relegated from I-League (National football League then) in 2005-06.

Source :- http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/rob-baan-to-decide-on-savio-s-replacement-aiff-sources_739144.html
    So finally Savio is out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:-P :-bd \m/ :x :-*
  • ashindia wrote:
    So finally Savio is out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <:-P :-bd \m/ :x :-*

happy days are back
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    time to increase this discussion more intense as we are assured of savio to be replaced
    shankar wrote:
    time to increase this discussion more intense as we are assured of savio to be replaced

Agree man but looks like everyone is sleeping

BTW Shankar neege Tamilian dane ???
    edited March 2012
    Well I'll shortlist some Dutch coaches who could possibly be suggested by Bann
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    sabir wrote:
    "You can't prepare Biriyani with Khichdi Mashala" - Rustam Akramov

I think it was PK Banerjee who said that!

rudra wrote:
    sabir wrote:
    "You can't prepare Biriyani with Khichdi Mashala" - Rustam Akramov

I think it was PK Banerjee who said that!

Whoever said that is right but Savio wasn't cooking Biryani actually !!! ;;)