Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    But these same website gave shit to ISL during 2 months and now every England website posted this statement .. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So what? The English media is rubbish anyway, now you know what I go through as an MLS fan every week with the English media.

Point is here is that David James said the right thing and honestly it is his opinion we should care about.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Though he exaggerated a bit saying that 4/5 sides play in cricket stadiums. Its only Mumbai, Kochi teams that play in cricket stadiums. Others are multi-purpose stadiums. 
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    Atk needed this win more than other franchise for two reasons: 1. To create a set of ATK fans in the complex market of Bengal. 2. To attract fans who were disillusioned by the inability to break the goan monopoly in ileague.
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    edited December 2014
    Was.reading TOI today suprised to know Rafique still doesnt have a passpport

He and and another player was sent home by Wim from SAFF trainng camp in banglore last year for not having passport

Shows how professional some.of.our Indians are
  • bida 25 bida 25 Kolkata140 Points
    AIFF just wants the tournament for 13 weeks and are unwilling to allot more time for the next season as they failing to cope up with Fed Cup and I-League, very unjust and cruel towards the players who wished a longer span to recover from fatigue 
    Domnic
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Lets wait for 4-5 years for it to get longer. Hopefully one of the league closes down and we have a single league which can be longer.
    Next season ISL is from Sept. 19 to Dec. 20 i.e. 3 months of tournament. If this happens then we can have fixtures scheduled in a better way as compared to this year.
    This therefore means every team will have at least 4 days of gap between their matches. And if you are lucky you may get 5 or even 6 days.

Therefore, we can sign players on 6 months loan or contract starting right from the transfer window. 
    Get the team assembled by July. Do the preseason for 1.5 months, mid July to Sept. Play some friendlies and you are done. I guess the reason ISL got delayed this season was getting players in the draft for the first year. IMG has eliminated a big headache by allowing teams to sign on their own.
  •  I believe AIFF is in a fix now. Nita ambani has taken all the limelight in this year's ISl and AIFF was no where to be seen. This probably has hurt the ego of AIFF and this tussle is going to continue for sometime. While AIFF thought this ISl concept to be their brain child, they never thought the lime light would be removed from them.

I think this might harm Indian football in future, whatever future has been seen through ISL will again be lost unless AIFF also becomes a proper part in this tournament. Something for IMG to ponder perhaps..

munna219777