Indian Super League Season 1

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Quote "A former senior AIFF official who spoke to this writer said that the organization did not make any money through the ISL. Most of the Rs 700 cr received from IMG-Reliance was used for paying off foreign players’ fee, the official said. If this statement is to be believed than major modifications have to be done with the way finance is managed in ISL " Unquote

Can somebody explain to me what is all this about??????????????? Why is AIFF paying foreing players. ~X(
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    To be fair, I would wait till somebody like @gaffetape confirms this before looking to much into it. This article, like I said, has some factual mistakes.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29255 Points
    papas is trying to block his transfer to Brazil as he thinks he will develop well in India.
    munna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    The vision shared in both articles are interconnected... the commercial success could lead to better facilities for the players... with better facilities could we be able to rpoduce better talents and could improve audience interest in the game resulting in sponsors getting their value for money in football product...

Hopefully we get success both on and off the field
    That is what is needed to maintain and improve upon the league overall. If the ISL is to stay and continue to be a success then we need better Indian players and to get that we need better facilities and coaches and scouting.
    Pondicherrybida 25
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    It is clear that the commercial success did not lead to better facilities/ infra. Of course we should not jump guns in the very first season, but Fed Cup has shown that whatever 'facilities' appeared during ISL, evaporated with it. It is 'business as usual' even in Goa, one of the two most developed football zones. Also, Arnab Mondal's laments also point to this.

Secondly, even AIFF could not make any money from ISL. So, no chances of investing in grassroots, or arranging friendlies or training aboard for the NT. Clearly, all money went into one pocket. Expectedly, because a private league owner would not be bothered with NT, improvement of facilities of I-league (someone else's league) or development of the game. It is all about grabbing more eyeballs, thereby cornering more sponsor money, and improvement of their own bottomline/ make profit. It is business, business and business. Just like a Petrochem refinery in Gujarat is a business venture at the end of the day. Oh, and it improves the infrastructure also. ISL does not.

Players will be dog tired. So do not expect them to win even against Bangladesh or Afghanistan, because these countries are not sitting idle. And it will not increase the player base as well. My sympathies lie to Stephen Constantine.

So, the final take? The glaring differences between ISL and Fed Cup/ I-league will have people turn away from the latter. So instead of enhancing the football calender, it will shrink the season to these three months. And it will accelerate, as ISL becomes more successful (which it will be, by all means).

Pessimistic, eh? No, I think it is the ground reality.
    munna219777
    You do know we need a successful India in order for this to work, right?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    So how does this help to make a successful India?
    In the long-term we need India to do well if we want the Indian Super League to be successful... that means better facilities for a longer period and better coaching at senior and youth level.

If the Indian Super League wants to survive then it will do this... it has to. It can not keep on going with India at the level it is currently at and it can never stop playing Indians.