U14 I-League for FIFA U17 World Cup

2»

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Some of them, may not know themselves. Ban the parents. Haha
    karenesudhakar2050
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Yes ban the parents. For 3 years they can't reproduce nor they can indulge in any activity which might lead to reproduction! :P
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    In a significant move towards the development of the game at the grassroots, All India Football Federation will launch an Under-13 National League next year.

AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das said the league would be open to Under-13 teams of the Indian Super League, I-League and academies certified by the federation.

"AIFF stays committed to taking the sport to the kids and we feel 2017 is the best calendar year to launch the Under-13 league as it's also the year of the FIFA U-17 World Cup which will be hosted in India," Das told PTI.

"After the success of Under-19 I-League and Under-15 League, the Under-13 League is the next step in the structure which takes us closer to the grassroots," he added.

Asked which teams would be competing in the Under-13 League, Das said, "We expect all the clubs both from I-League and Indian Super League along with certain AIFF certified Academies."

AIFF Technical Director Scott O'Donnell said the Under-13 League would be one in the "right direction".

"Playing competitive football plays a big role in a player's development. There are some school tournaments for that age-group but with most of them being knock-out ones, the kids lose out when their team loses," he said.

"The Under-13 League will ensure that the players get to play a minimum number of games."

AIFF is currently following an academy certification system which would ensure that academies with right philosophy would be given preference.

Meanwhile, the AIFF organised a three-day Advanced Grassroots Course aimed at "talent identification".

"The advanced GR Programme is a step in the right direction and is of great relevance to the Under-13 National League," Das said.
    Nagendrakartik91DX