2nd Division I-League 2014

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited April 2014
    There is a question mark over how many teams will play next season i-League? Instead of 13, they should make it 14. If only one team is being promoted and one relegated, then we need some Corporate Entry team like Bangalore FC.
    Or either they will cancel relegation or promote top two teams from 2nd Division.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Can't cancel 2nd Division or as someone rightly pointed out , then teams like Rangdajied, Mohd Sporting etc wouldn't have been worried about relegation and we would end up with lop-sided results .

Instead there is a cost effective solution to D2
    Eg: Start in August Round 1 : play every alternate week , with 2 game per week , Wednesday & Sunday

South Zone : Eagles FC, Chennai Utd ( or some Chennai team) , South Utd (B'lore) , Vasco SC, Kenkre FC, PIFA Colaba
    North Zone : Himachal team , Garwal Heroes , Hindustan FC , Punjab team , MP United , AIFF Regional Academy from Mumbai
    West Zone : Bhowanipore, Kalighat , TFA , George Telegraph , Sambalpur Academy , Green Valley Assam
    NE Zone : Langsning, Aizawl FC, Kohima Komets, Royal Wahingdoh , USFC , Dinthar FC (Mizoram) or if some private team from Manipur

Club 2 team in each zone together as "travel partners"
    eg: Eagles FC and Chennai team travel to Mumbai for a Wednesday & Sunday fixtures where they both play PIFA & Kenkre
    same time South Utd play their travel partner Vasco
    next week South Utd & Vasco both travel to Mumbai to play those 2 teams and so on...

Teams can travel by overnight buses/trains AND must bear the cost themselves.
    Gate revenue can help cover costs if done properly.

2 foreigners per team , "wasted " costs of the other 2 foreigners can be used towards Hotels etc.
    4 U-23's per team , 2 must start 2 on bench

By November we will have a top 2 from each of the 4 zones, and the bottom team in each zone is relegated ...i.e they can't play in next years 2nd Division or face a play-off the following year to get back in.

The 8 teams can then play Home & Away or have the current set-up at 2 Neutral venues in the New Year, i.e start after the Jan transfer window.
    Teams must retain 22 of the 30 players they begin, so we don't have 2nd Div teams doing what they currently do in January window.

If teams are serious about getting in the I-league this is a much better test of their financial stability & ability to get fans , crowds, youth development etc. as opposed to faking some AFC club licensing forms,,,
  • One question, how does combining two teams as 'travel partners' help is cutting down the cost?
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Roayl Wahingdoh, Bhawanipore clash in 2nd division title decider

Winner will be promoted to Airtel I league 

This is also going to be the Mohun Bagan legend’s final game as a footballer, as Barreto decides to hang up his boots following the game, and seek other pastures.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited April 2014
    One question, how does combining two teams as 'travel partners' help is cutting down the cost?

If you travel from Mumbai to Goa and then return, and then a week later do the same journey, you will probably stay for 3 days minimum on each occasion and spend 4 train journeys.

this way you spend 2 train journeys and 7 days hotel stay...especially in North east Zone this will help

just work it out , trust me it's a lot cheaper , and saves on players travel
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    AIFF needs to cut a good deal with some airline- Air India or some private airline like Spicejet and get a good Corporate discount. So many teams always travelling.

Say about 10 years back, National Football League teams except Air India used to travel in Trains and stay in dingy hotels. I remember seeing Mahindra United team at train station in Bombay and that too when they won Federation Cup. GK Naseem Akhtar and David Booth I saw. Calcutta teams were staying in Pahargunj hotels (800 rupees per night in front of New Delhi Railway Station). From there they were taken to Jalandhar in those Video Coach Buses.
    I am glad that conditions have improved in last 10 years. Now we have flights and decent hotels for I-League teams.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Air indian can sponsor I league and 2 as airline partner pafool patel can do it
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    Air india is in loss and struggling to pay its own employee why the hell they will sponser I-league team when there is no return guarented they are not here for 'samajsewa' or goodwill
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    If Wahingdoh can't win this time they don't deserve to be in i-league. This is their best ever chance.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    as of current scenario no one deserves to....