Netherlands Tour of Indian U-16 Team

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I didn't want to state it..as I have done so numerous times ( & upset @ArsenalFan700 in the process ;) ...
    But both are slightly over age...the thing is at this age it's a massive difference. ..

A 17 to 19 yr old ( age testing has +/- of 2 years in its accuracy )...trialing with genuine 15-16 year olds will do well...

Same reason why Jeje, Dika , Uttam etc all looked awesome at U16 level. .yet aren't developing into what they shud have
    goalkeepar
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    I agree that Jeje , Dika etc are nowhere close to what their CV's mention....but these boy's have been handpicked by Bann...which he would not have done had it been the case....instead of 17 they could be 18 or max 19 but 20+..is too much.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    some people are to negative .. if our forefathers had done some crime that does not mean that current generation is doing same crime .. as gaffer said +/- 2 may be the case ..not more then it 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Gaffer also mentions that at this stage this age difference is a massive difference. And this is not a crime by forefathers, the huge age differences are a part of this current system. Most youth coaches know that exactly. One Arrows official once laughed at me saying, you actually believe they are u23. The whole system comes into place from the short term success mentality. Coaches need to keep their job in schools, government, academies. They don't care what happens next. It is the same mugging mentality we have in schools. Somehow learn the answers and get marks doesn't really matter whether you learn much. Short term success vs long term vision
    ashindiagaffertapemunna219777
    Mean while India U-16 will be playing FC Dordrecht toniggt ..
    AIFF U-16 XI: Dheeraj, Jayananda, Amit, Amey, Jerry, Prosenjit, Thapa, Negi, Surya, Niwm, Bedashwor.(4-2-3-1)

Indian U-16 Vs FC Dordrecht U-16 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Can someone just clarify this because this is how I view it: It seems the overaged players mainly come from the North-East (for reasons I can accept) while most of the time the players from say, Maharashtra, are pretty much spot on. Right?
    7negi
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    No. Raju Gaikwad was overage as well. It is a pan Indian problem. In goa, the issue is slightly less. And probably the extent of over age is slightly more in some places than others. Manipur and mizoram has a poor record in that aspect
    24' GOOD CHANCE: Bedashwor misses by a whisker after intercepting opponent deep into rival territory and corner for us 

#Indianfootball U-16 Vs FC Dordrecht U-16