I-league news

Comments

• Opposition team fans will come. When Aizawl FC or Manipuri clubs will come to Delhi, their NE fans will come in big numbers. MB and EB fans living in Delhi will come when their team come to play Arrows.
    RonnyEastBengalPride
  • RonnyRonny 10456 Points
    Arrows havent announced their squad yet right?
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    Dempo SC set to play in I-League this season
    ashindiaajmal
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    Source? if that indeed is happening, then its a good news..
  • it appears Dempo FB admin changed their FB contact details after which their old cover page from 2013 got updated which says next i league trophy coming soon.

after this footiepedia page made post and its circulating now.

although I will be happy if they actually come in I league
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    Its fake news, they won't come back until aiff creates proper leagues with pro n rel 
    [Deleted User]Carbon_14
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29254 Points
    edited September 2019
    Breaking news:- Currpt AFC grants top tier status to ISL, league winner to get AFC CL PO slot after meeting between Windson John and Aiff in Antilia Mumbai, I league still not given AFC cup slot but John has asked AIFF to conduct playoffs in I league so they can classify it as cup competition 
    Carbon_14munna219777
  • Meeting in Antilla ?? :D :D :D
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    These are testing times indeed for Indian football!

According to this TOI report (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/aiff-makes-isl-the-top-league/articleshow/71229641.cms

"The AIFF wants the second slot for I-League champions, but according to guidelines for AFC Club Competitions 2017-2020 ((Article 12.1), while the first slot is allotted to "winner  of the national top division league," the second is reserved .for "winner of the national knock-out cup." If the Member Association (MA) does not have a national knock-out cup (Article 12.3), the "winner of the national top division league and runner-up of the national top division league" gets the two spots

The Federation Cup was previously India's cup competition bu that has since been discontinued and replaced with the Super Cup. The AIFF can still classify the Super Cup as knockout competition, although that is sure to invite huge backlash from I-League clubs who will be left with nothing."

However, a Bengali daily had reported recently (18 September) that " FSDL in deep trouble as AFC refuses to grant League-1 status to ISL.AFC raises strong queries,including detailed road map for Indian football & ISL & PRO/REL. AFC to visit Mumbai soon to discuss on this (Uttar Banga Sambad) " as stated in this East Bengal fan site
    https://twitter.com/qebna?lang=en

So, what happened? How is it that AFC suddenly become so flexible on the granting of top league status to ISL while even an AFC Cup slot for I-league is now proving to be "tricky"? Has an under the table deal been struck with AFC?

The whole nation wants to know!!
    munna219777goalkeeparCarbon_14