Indian State Leagues and Tournaments Thread

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points

Goa Pro League 2020-21: New season likely to begin in December

Churchill Brothers and Sporting Clube de Goa have been declared as joint-winners of the 2019-20 season.

Football is gradually on its way of resumption with the Indian Super League (ISL) scheduled to start in November in Goa. The football loving state will also witness local football soon as the Goa Football Association (GFA) has proposed tentative dates for the Goa Pro League in December.

The decision was taken in the Executive Committee meeting held on Tuesday at the Duler Stadium after a period of almost nine months. The Committee also decided to declare Churchill Brothers and Sporting Clube de Goa as joint champions of the Goa Pro League 2019-20. The two sides were chasing for the title when the lockdown due to COVID-19 began. Sporting were leading the table with 44 points with two games in hand, while the Red Machines had five matches in hand and were placed third on the table with 37 points.

“Churchill Brothers and Sporting Clube de Goa have been named joint-champions of GPL 2019-20. It has also been decided to start the new season of GPL in December,” a member of the Executive Committee informed Khel Now on condition of anonymity.

https://khelnow.com/football/gfa-executive-meeting-goa-pro-league-decisions

munna219777
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    What I really want to see is SCG, Dempo and Salgaocar back in the mainstream of Indian football. Any chance of this happening any time soon?
    Deb_Bangoalkeepargiridharan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Unless mining restarts in Goa, they won't have the budgets to play in I league. 
    goalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Of the three, Dempo have interests in shipbuilding and other industries, Salgaocar are in real estate also. Plus, it need not be own money only, they can bring in sponsors as well.
    This has more to do with visionless handling of Indian football by AIFF than simply cash flow issues. IL has a visible end of the road and the only slot allocated for Goa in ISL is taken by some upstarts. So fruitless to run a football club in Goa.
    FSDL has 'given birth' to football in Goa, but football played in Goa has virtually died.
    goalkeepargaffertapeG_Kindian_goonergiridharankartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    @EastBengalPride goan clubs are not depended on mining for finance lol SCG are one of biggest builders in goa, Dempo,salgaocar have lot other business then mining, this 3 clubs are 50 times more  Rich then Churchill brothers, unlike your club who begged and got cement money goan clubs don't need any.
    thebeautifulgameEastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    edited October 2020
    Yeah they don't. They just fix GPL matches, ensure there is no investigation by GFA even after ToI exposed it. They don't have any fans either , they couldn't build up a fan base in over 40 years. We have all seen the empty I league matches in Goa. They didn't spend any money on promoting themselves. Face the fact, they were just fronts for making black money white. Unfortunately for Goa and it's extremely talented people, they didn't get better run clubs. I can only hope that changes. 
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    We hope Cement company from Rajasthani dessert don't leave East Bengal a club run by fools and we hope that bagger fans of EB stop there protest against Sree Cement who wants to add prifix shree cement in front of name of East Bengal after buying 80% of club shares. I hope the foolish fans of EB will understand or they will be left high and dry forced to play the jokers league called CFL without any circus or I league.
    EastBengalPridemunna219777giridharansparta
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited November 2020
  • what is BSS.
    good for gkfc to participate. it will be like pre season