2019 AFC Asian Cup & 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

Comments

• Colombia & Peru fixed the match to remove Chile.. Guerrero took a direct shot on goal from an indirect free kick. If ospina let it go then it would not have been a goal even if it went in. But Ospina gave a hand to it before the ball entered the goal, thus giving Peru the goal
    munna219777archak
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    whatever ,we need new teams in Worldcup not the same old teams
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Taylor Twellman Rant

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Can we delete that Twellman post, the man is a bit delusional lol.

I am sort of okay with the US not making it as hopefully this means Bruce Arena can be fired now rather than in July when we would have gotten knocked out anyway. I interviewed him last month before we lost to Costa Rica and watched US training, it was obvious we were nowhere near the quality we needed.

Also I am okay with this as I want the soccer journalists in this country to wake the fuck up and face reality. You guys think the English media is bad? US Soccer media is worse. Jurgen Klinsmann was okay as coach for the US. He wasn't the best and yes, he lost the first two games of the round but they were Mexico at home and Costa RIca away... hard as fuck matches and if anyone actually had a soccer brain they would see that Jurgen isn't exactly working with players better than Mexico or Costa Rica. I mean, Mexico is Mexico but Costa Rica have a goalkeeper who is the #1 at Real Madrid, a winger who has plenty of minutes at Arsenal, a centerback who starts in Italy Serie A, a fullback at Sunderland and Celtic, a midfielder in La Liga, and a captain who starts for Sporting Lisbon... they have a good team. US Soccer media though will make them out to be a shit team who the US should "easily defeat" when that is not the case.

Meanwhile, every time Jurgen talked about how he felt players in MLS should move to Europe to improve, the soccer media here would attack him, call him un-American, and focus on how every problem is his fault. Jurgen is 100% right! I love MLS, I think it is a good and rising league but if you are a 21 year old player with over 70 caps in the league and are obviously above average, go to Europe now and develop cause that is where the best soccer/football is! Jurgen is right but the soccer media didn't like it so US Soccer got him fired and hired an "MLS Yes Man" in Bruce Arena.

Now, good thing for US Soccer fans with Jurgen going away and Bruce coming in was the inclusion of MLS players like Dax McCarty, Demarcus Beasley, Benny Feilhaber, etc. but wait, look, they are shit!

Meanwhile, we have a 22 year old American goalkeeper starting for the best team in Belgium and two American goalkeepers at the best teams in MLS and what does Bruce do? Call up the 38 year old Tim Howard of the 21st place Colorado Rapids, the 38 year old Nick Rimando of a shit Real Salt Lake, and 33 year old Brad Guzan who is obviously past it. We have a Premier League centerback Geoff Cameron on the bench while MLS player Matt Besler starts at CB... does that make sense? Based on the result, nope.

The US has a young superstar in the making with Pulisic and yet who do we have behind him? Paul Arriola who can't even shine with DC United, one of the worst teams in MLS, Darlington Nagbe, a guy who every college armchair soccer fan in this country loves after his one good season in 2014, and Michael Bradley, a guy who has become a shell of his former self since returning to MLS. It is honestly sad that we are wasting such a talent with mediocre players who are not even the best American midfielders in MLS.

This was a long time coming IMO and fuck it, I am happy for it. We will take a lot of stick but I am hopeful that now the right things will be done to change how we run and hopefully we can get back to the World Cup in 2022.
    munna219777Ronnyashindiaindian_goonerNagendrafootydipspartaCarbon_14archaksanvedjadhavand 2 others.
    Some interesting points made by this guy Kartik.
    http://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/10/11/blame-sunil-gulatis-usas-failure-not-players-bruce-arena/

Were they more interested in protecting/promoting MLS Establishment or making a formidable USMNT? They should have seen this coming.
    Pulisic is young, feel bad not to see him in the world cup. 
    Big Teams rally when it is do or die match. Look at portugal, Argentina in the game which mattered most to them. Even Tim Cahill did the best when it was needed from them.

kartik91
    so iceland and panama making first appearance in WC
    munna219777Carbon_14
    so oman and Palestine qualifed for AFC asian cup and this is first time for palestine 
    munna219777Carbon_14
    edited October 2017
    Still I think 9 more slots are to be decided. Africa, Intercontinental play-offs and some Europe slots. Next month we might see more surprises.
    Burkina Faso and Cape Verde still got a chance. They have never played at World Cup before. And Mighty Almighty Italy can be knocked out too.
    Carbon_14archak
  • This is Aaron Johansson. Played for Iceland U-21 then switched to USA in 2013 to have a chance of playing in World Cup.

Don't be like Aaron.

BrainFallINDIAshankarmunna219777deepu[Deleted User]goalkeepargopiajeesh7negiirahrailmohammed_87hassanand 14 others.
    ha ha He missed Euro Cup also.
    indian_gooner