Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• Looking at the way Norde played(he was benched for few matches even) in ISL, its not good news for Bagan...

Am aware there would be many die-hard supporters of him, who would justify his performance or the lack of it, but anybody can make out that he is currently not in his best. While anybody can have troubled times in any profession,and I hope he would come out of this, but I guess he has been greedy of late; ever since Bagan have been pestering him and he tried to play those old tricky games of trying to artificially inflate his price by flirting with EB, BFC (which is so common amongst these foreigners), he has got distracted and the performance is an outcome of that.

This is what happens, when there is a huge upside in a player's salary; he is distracted/playing % football.
    munna219777archak
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    As Mohun Bagan will play there AFC Cup and I-league matches in the coming season

1) Floodlights of Rabindra Sarobar stadium are going to stay? I thought they were supposed to be temporary.

2) Venue for Mohun Bagan in coming AFC Cup?
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10068 Points
    For AFC Cup, I think they are registerd in Mumbai :D
    munna219777PrakashK
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited December 2016
    For AFC Cup Mohun Bagan have registered Fatorda as the home venue as Cooperage does not fulfill AFC criteria. Also understand that RS Stadium & Nehru Stadium (Guwahati) too do not fulfill AFC criteria. YBK & Indira Gandhi Stadium (Guwahati) will not be provided for U-17 WC... therefore choice is limited. Though not sure how Fatorda can be given for AFC matches as U-17 matches will be played there also. It is all very confusing to say the least. Ideally RS Stadium or Cooperage could have been the best solution.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited December 2016
    Very strange. What is the problem with Indira Gandhi Stadium, Guwahati?  U-17 World Cup is in October 2017. I dont think that they will be locking down the stadium in January 2017 itself. I dont think that it needs any serious renovations either unless they are installing Bucket seats. Which rule book says that no Football can be played 8-9 months before tournament?
    JLN Delhi  or JLN Chennai are other options.
    @munna219777 I'm also unable to understand the logic as you rightly pointed out.
    munna219777
  • KoustubhKoustubh Kolkata219 Points
    Any update for4 th  foreign player ?
    Balwant Singh will stay in club for another year
    Only we have to finalise good
     4 th foreign player 
    @Koustubh ;
    Don't worry mate......things will fall in line. This year only a handful of new players (defenders mostly) are being recruited keeping almost the entire core group intact & everything is being done without fanfare. 
    deepakcDeb_Ban