Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30214 Points
    Down memory lane. December 7, 2008...When the God(Diego Maradona) visited the Mohun Bagan ground

• samsam 16533 Points

The Indian Football Association (IFA) today show caused Mohun Bagan officials Debasis Dutta & Srinjoy Bose based on their comments on TV and newspapers. The Legaue Sub Committee also decided in its meeting on Tuesday at the IFA that East Bengal will be awarded 3 points for getting walk over from arch rivals Mohun Bagan in the derby on September 7. The sub-committee further decided that the decision on the remaining two points will be made only after the completion of the league.  They further added the League Sub Committee will inspect if the Mohun Bagan officials sent any mail that they won’t play on 7th September but if they see the Mariners had only requested to change the fixture of the Derby they may deduct the couple of points too.

Mohun Bagan assistant secretary Srinjoy Bose refrained himself from making any comment on the league sub-committee’s decision. According to Srinjoy, “Let me first get the letter from IFA. I am not in a position to comment without knowing the exact reason.”

IFA will be sending the letter by next week. Both Srinjoy and Debasis needs to reply by next seven days after receiving the letter. The disciplinary committee will then meet again to decide on the further course of action.

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    Mohun Bagan defeated EB 2-0 in the U-16 AIFF Youth League match played at the Mohun Bagan Ground yesterday.
    Well done Kids.
    BrainFallINDIA
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30214 Points

Luciano-Sabrosa-goal-againsI League: Mohun Bagan likely to retain Luciano Sabrosa

October 31 2016 ,20:35

Kolkata: Federation Cup Champions Mohun Bagan is likely to retain Brazilian defender Luciano Sabrosa for the forthcoming I League. The club officials are in talks with the FC Goa defender and if things fall in place then Sabrosa may ply his trade with the Kolkata giants for another season in I League. The 36 year old defender was with Mohun Bagan last season as well.

The Green and Maroon officials are also in talks with another FC Goa footballer Gregory Arnolin. The problem in signing the French defender is he hasn’t been that impressive in the ensuing Indian Super League. With FC Goa losing as many as five matches from the seven matches so far in the ISL, the Bagan officials may be influenced to change their minds on the French footballer.

According to Mohun Bagan coach Sanjay Sen, “I have seen him play in the ISL. Frankly speaking, he do not seem to be an outstanding footballer at least in my eyes. I do not know how his name is cropping up.”

Luciano played his first Hero ISL game for the new season against Delhi Last week and despite the defeat of FC Goa, his performance impressed one and all including the Bagan coach.

The Green and Maroon has the luxury of having footballers like Kingshuk Debnath, Sanjay Balmuchu and Raju Gaikwad who can all play in the central defender position.

Meanwhile the team management has decided to retain Scottish footballer Darryl Duffy for the I League. Duffy plied his trade with the Fed Cup champions in the Kolkata league earlier this year. Duffy along with Katsumi is all set to be retained for the forthcoming I League.

However there is a question mark on Sony Norde. The Haitian who has been with the Mariners for the last couple of seasons is in two minds. According to sources, I League champions Bengaluru FC has also expressed their willingness to sign the Haitian footballer. An added incentive for Norde will be a chance to play in the Asian Champions League (ACL) with the Blues if he decides to sign for them.

Bagan officials though seem pretty confident of retaining Norde. But Coach Sanjay Sen is not worried if Norde is available for him or not. According to the Mohun Bagan coach, “As far as I know, there is no final decision yet. The club officials told me they are hopeful of Norde playing with us. They have not confirmed his availability. At the same time I do not rely on a single player in my team. If he joins us good, but I am not someone who will cry over anyone’s non availability.”

Another footballer who has played a key role for the club’s success in recent times is India striker Jeje Lalpekhlua. But the problem with him is that he will only take a decision after the end of ISL.

Amidst the uncertainty over Jeje and Norde, Bagan team management will be happy to see Balwant Singh getting back to full fitness.

Meanwhile, East Bengal official Santosh Bhattacharya said to www.xtratime.in that the Red and Gold brigade is about to sign FC Goa goalkeeper Subhasish RoyChowdhury after the ISL.
    Carbon_14deepakcmunna219777
  • That effectively marks the end of Bagan's I-League campaign this year!
    Deb_BanBrainFallINDIAdeepakcmunna219777
  • KoustubhKoustubh Kolkata219 Points
    This year again sponcer problem ?

Where Eastbengal , Shivajian signing good player we are not yet finalise our defence and centre forward foreign player
  • Duffy will stay for sure. From the looks of it, Luciano could be back also
    deepakc
    Luciano can't tale so much pressure for another 5 to 6 month after ISL
    as in ISL he play regularly then I league , fed club and AFC cup
    munna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Can someone please throw light on MB current sponsorship status and financial health...another year without a sponsorship?