Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9976 Points
    Why people do not understand that investing in club infra is an one-time affair, which gives paltry returns to the club officials. On the other hand, if they hype up players like Sony and re-sign them each year with increasing paychecks, they would get returns multiple times as brokerage. 

Tutu and son spend half the year in Dubai and Amsterdam, you think they haven't seen good club infra, or are simpletons not able to see what we can see so clearly?
    debarghya89Carbon_14goalkeeparmunna219777Soccerlover
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Infra yields paltry returns.....dude just check the "returns "made by officials on Commonwealth games!, I am pretty sure that U-17 WC will also get similar results if someone looks deep enough.
    The irony is that the clubs command so much social capital that the state government can easily be lured into sponsoring the infrastructure upgradation, there is no will and fans are also not demanding it. Football is still a passionate albeit 3 month annual affair in bengal during monsoons, that has to change 1st before clubs will start focusing on keeping better & permanent sports infrastructure (my opinion ofcourse). e.g in Goa (the closest to bengal in terms of a football eco-sytem) most clubs have separate practice facilities as the stadiums are all booked hosting various age groups and divisions of state leagues, clubs have no choice.
    You don't get the point: investment in infra definitely gives good social and economic (probably financial as well) return. But for MB, the return does not come to Tutu's pocket. On the contrary, a hefty cut-money from Sony's paycheck benefits him directly, and repetitively. With that accumulation, he can play the savior for the next year. Fans do not object to the increased payment to the Sonys as it does not affect themselves, but gives them a feeling of the club's solvency and competition with their rivals.
    goalkeeparmunna219777
    Final Score Mohun Bagan 5-2 Patha Chakra
    Carbon_14munna219777
    according to insiders MB pitch size to be increased for ileague as fans and ex-players voiced their opinion of it being too small to allow ball players the space needed...lets see and wait for the final dimensions.....i dont think they have time or money to completely redo the surface like EB did at the end of last season....
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Redoing surface isn't feasible, it will never be ready for I-League. However both EB and MB can increase length, breadth cannot be increased.
    munna219777
    Mb to play in sikkim gold cup in October. & Durand likely to be held in Kolkata...mb likely to participate
    munna219777[Deleted User]Carbon_14

A side like Mohun Bagan waits for none.”A club like Mohun Bagan won’t depend on one person. Garcia and Katsumi have left the side, one day I would leave too, but the legacy of the club will remain the same.”

He further added,” Katsumi was not in my team list too for this season. We have already selected another Japanese midfielder Yuta Kinowaki who played for Shillong Lajong last season.

Sanjay Sen

munna219777