Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Shows your sexist mentality! Homely? Wtf does that even mean? 
    samSoccerloverNagendradev_pfcgaffertapemunna219777RonnyashindiaNaujawan
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    First you explain what desiderata means (Oh Professor!).

Then we decide if a confirmed bachelor can comment of wives.
    Nagendramunna219777namewtheldsparta
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    I said in a positive note and I'm not the one who hesitate to say pretty or beautiful to someone..

if u want exact meaning of Homely.. I know you are not dumb to find..

Admin.. plz delete or else move these comments to online chatting thread..
    munna219777thebeautifulgame
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    No need to delete. Comments were on positive note.
    NagendraDeb_Ban
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    edited December 2019
    @Nagendra: I was never commenting on you or any other person, the comment was meant in a jocular vein. I only wanted to point out about a certain biased mentality in the Indian psyche which prefers wives to be 'homely' and to be "housewives"...never knew that it would sir up such a hornet's nest. I have discussed such issues regarding marriage with @Ashkaul5 and @shanks_dehighliving ; before without raising any controversy. I apologize if you have been hurt by some of the comments.

@Deb-Ban: "Then we decide if a confirmed bachelor can comment of wives."
    Was that comment made seriously? Then I certainly take objection to it. As you know, a confirmed bachelor might not have a married person's personal knowledge of wives or matrimony but he has friends, relatives and colleagues who are married or who are doctors/psychiatrists/ counsellors and can gather knowledge on such subjects, sometimes even more than married persons. A person can derive knowledge on marriage and relationships from books and novels, you can deride it as bookish knowledge but I believe but they sometimes give a greater insight into such practical issues even better than real-life experiences. Saying that bachelors cannot comment on wives is as dumb as saying that people who have never played professional football should never comment on football.

I used that word 'desiderata' because I believed that that was the most appropriate word for the occasion, not to show off my "professorialism", have never done so

I have recently been on the wrong end of certain IFN members because of some of my comments.  I need to think twice  before I make certain posts it seems
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    @ beautifulgame..  brother.. my repsonse is not intended to u.. why would I make sacratic comment on English language to u.. 
    edited December 2019
    @Nagendra; That was not meant for you...it was meant for @Deb-Ban
    Nagendra
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @goalkeepar ; Deleted that comment. discussion will go somewhere else. 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    @thebeautifulgame, come on man, how can that be a serious comment. See, bachelor persons are hard to come by. And I don't miss a chance to pull their legs when I find one. Don't take it seriously, you are much more mature than that.

What does desiderata mean btw?

Definition of desideratum

: something desired as essential
    detached individuality does not seem to be a desideratum of the Vedantic mind— Robert Bierstedt

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/desideratum
    Deb_Ban