Atletico de Kolkata News

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29258 Points
    New escape artist in ATK.
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    AtK blamed dengue for fielding a second string team which lost shamelessly against Mohun Bagan by a 0-13 scoreline. Apparently their academy has been struck by a dengue outbreak and 8 boys of the U15 team are either hospitalized or recovering at home. The local administration of the area where the "academy" is situated denied the existence of any such academy being there in the first place.
    Deb_Banmunna219777goalkeeparsouravindiaashindiadeepushankarRonnydeepakckartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    ATK Academy, my foot!
    munna219777indian_goonerashindiadeepu
  • samsam 16428 Points
    ATK 0-0 MB U13 league
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points

Robbie Keane to miss first three ATK matches in Indian Super League due to injury

Robbie Keane, ATK’s marquee player for the 2017-18 Indian Super League, had an MRI on his troubled left knee and is all set to miss the first three matches.

FOOTBALL Updated: Nov 11, 2017 22:45 IST
    Press Trust of India, Kolkata
    Robbie Keane R ATKs marquee player for the 2017-18 Indian Super League will miss the first three matches
    Robbie Keane (R), ATK’s marquee player for the 2017-18 Indian Super League, will miss the first three matches.(PTI)Two-time defending champions ATK on Saturday received a big jolt ahead of the Indian Super League fourth season as their Irish marquee player Robbie Keane has gone back home to treat a knee injury.

The 37-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur striker had an MRI on his troubled left knee and is all set to miss the first three matches.

“He has an injury to his left knee and has flown back home. He may be available for their fourth round match against Chennaiyin FC (on December 7),” an ISL official told PTI.

Being their marquee player, Keane was expected to be part of the ISL media event in Kolkata on Sunday but since he has returned home, the ATK will make available some other player.

The English Premier League legend has scored four goals from as many practice matches for ATK in the build-up to the ISL 4.

spartamunna219777deepu
    Carl Bekar is injured and out for 2 months of ISL.
    BrainFallINDIAmunna219777shubham_northeasternashindiadeepusparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    There is a reason why these players are old, semi-retired and unfit for top level football.
  • whats the problem with carl baker , he played till May (used to be regular) 
    im sure English 3rd tier demands more or equal fitness as per Indian football 

Keane I agree
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    I think Keane will not return.
    munna219777
    he escaped with the money. I am surprised how this foreigners go home for treatment while others foreigners come to India for treatment.
    munna219777Ronnydeepakckartik91indian_gooner