India in Rio Olympics 2016

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Following Deepika from early days and once again she failed in pressure situation , She needed 10 pointer two times to secure the match but she failed both time .

Laxmi did missed many points but all fans were excepting good performance from Deepika which she did not gave in team events , hoping for good performance in Individual events now  
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited August 2016
    India lost to Russia in Archery QF. It was a close call in Shootout.
    Actually I have observed that Deepika has been the weakest link in Pressure situations-whether it is Olympics, Commonwealth Games or now Olympics. Other girls are better in pressure situation.

• shibiershibier 2997 Points
    Its not deepika but laxmi who cost us the qf
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    I feel both of them cost us the match.
    They are South Africa of Archery but only difference is South Africa's Bogey round is semi-finals whereas our is quarter finals.

For some time, I have believed that Jawala and Sania are two most overrated Indian Female sports women.They are good but not World Class as generally people think.

But now,that tag surely has to go to Deepika Kumari.What should I say, completely clueless.

Devi carried us through the pre quarters and almost carried us to Semi-finals single handedly but her luck ran out in the shootout.I think her lowest Arrow score of 7 came there but otherwise she shot very well throughout the day.

Laxmi Rani and Deepkia Kumari were absolutely Horrendous and below par.
    munna219777
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    I guess Deepika will certainly do better in Singles. We also need better coach than Poornima
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    @Bad : How come world rank 1 & featuring atleast quarter final of each main event can't be world class? 

You expect a lot mate. 
    Domnic
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited August 2016
    So in the case of Dipa Karmakar, we need to wait for other rounds to complete so know the final ranking in Vaults and maybe she can qualify for Finals.
    It was a confident performance by her.

Some section of Indian media has been creating hype that first time a gymnast has participated from India in Olympics.             6 Indian Gymnasts participated in 1964 Tokyo Olympics.
    http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/countries/IND/summer/1964/

http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/countries/IND/summer/1964/GYM/

• samsam 16526 Points
    Dipa Karmakar qualifies for Women's Vaults finals after finishing 6th in the Qualification Round.
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Bro,i had predicted a medal for us in this event so I am perhaps more disappointed then you.

Bro,she repeats the same mistakes again and again,buckle under pressure.She is a Good Archer but not World Class in my opinion.Today,she let us down big time.She shot atleast 4 arrows with a 7 score which is extremely less.

There were couple of occasions where she could tilted the match in our favour but she failed.
    munna219777Domnic
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Deepika Kumari, she is a choker, a proven one. Pathetic performance by Laxmi Majhi and that overrated hyped up non choker, it was a one woman show by Bombila Devi, hats off to her.
    samiammunna219777Domnicreddevil87Carbon_14